550D Newbie here!

beebeeice

Aug 14, 2010
Serangoon
Hello guys!! finally got my 550D kitII at a superb offer!!

I experimented with it all night long.. and then next day, i went out and took some photos.. before i knew it, i had taken 800+ photos XD

so back to topic. I need some help with the Video Recording. It always have the "Movie Recording Stopped Automatically". I checked online and it says that it is due to the different SD Card classes.. What can I do to record full length video without it stopping? I have a 8GB Class 4 Sandisk Card and a 16GB Toshiba Class 4 SDHC Card.. I dont really want to spend money on getting a better class Card as my pocket is kinda light after getting the 550D.

And, What settings should i set on my 550D for, lets say, i am going to an indoor concert?

Thanks a bunch ;)

Welcome to CS
enjoy your stay here!

haha.. thanks ^^

But.. anybody has some answers for my question? XD

welcome to CS . . . :)

maybe read your manual and see whether can get any more info . . . i think there is a limit on the length of video that you can take.

Welcome:)

Welcome to CS:) If your problem is really caused by the class of your SD card then i think you have no choice but to get a faster one, maybe a class 10. Btw, care to share what is your superb deal?

you can try change the movie record size in the setting to a 640 x 480 50 fps if you are using a 8gb card.

Manuel mode will be best for all sort of things. You should try going out with fellow CS people in photo shoot outings. You'll learn a lot from those Lao Jiang ;p

By the way, Welcome!

Welcome to CS:) If your problem is really caused by the class of your SD card then i think you have no choice but to get a faster one, maybe a class 10. Btw, care to share what is your superb deal?
Thanks ^^

My Superb Deal was, 550D KitII at $1790. Comes with Akaru Digi Drybox, Sandisk 8GB SDHC Class 4 Card, 16GB SDHC Class 4 Card, Stenzeiser UV Filter, Screen Protector, Card Reader, Steinzeiser Tripod and a Cleaning kit.

i have already dropped the resolution to 720p at 50fps.. still recording at a few secs

Thanks ^^

My Superb Deal was, 550D KitII at $1790. Comes with Akaru Digi Drybox, Sandisk 8GB SDHC Class 4 Card, 16GB SDHC Class 4 Card, Stenzeiser UV Filter, Screen Protector, Card Reader, Steinzeiser Tripod and a Cleaning kit.

Superb deal? From where? Steinzeiser stuff is generally rubbish, and they gave you the very slow class 4 cards.

Thanks ^^

Don't seem too superb to me... you can get the 550D Kit II @ $1590, John 3:16.

Get rid of the stenzeiser filter, they probably degrade your image quality..

Don't seem too superb to me... you can get the 550D Kit II @ $1590, John 3:16.

Get rid of the stenzeiser filter, they probably degrade your image quality..

And you get a Vitacon or Hoya filter that comes along with it from J3:16. By the way, they really dropped the price so fast? Previously they quoted $1650 for the kit 2

Last edited:
And you get a Vitacon or Hoya filter that comes along with it from J3:16. By the way, they really dropped the price so fast? Previously they quoted $1650 for the kit 2

Price was from price guides., the price was as of Aug

i got my stuff from Harvey Norman at Funan.. Wanted to go John 3:16 at first. But then i see Harvey Norman offer so many thing, i kena dumbfounded XD

okie, don't listen to all the price talk, since you already spent the $$ no point thinking negatively and upset yourself.. just know that next time you need to do 'price' homework first before purchasing...

then yes, please get a better filter, and not the Stein*#&$) one..

and lastly, for video, if you are recording at max resolution and all then its only natural to be limited by ur card.. and also video-ing for long periods subject ur sensor to larger amount of light and may heat up... just like using liveview for too long..

Recommended in another thread regarding SD card for 550d is the Sandisk Extreme 3 20m/s go check it out cheers! :)

Heres the link: SD Card check it out for more info.

Last edited:
Recommended in another thread regarding SD card for 550d is the Sandisk Extreme 3 20m/s go check it out cheers! :)

Heres the link: SD Card check it out for more info.

Most people recommended you the class 10, but you still got class 4. Only one recommended class 4, and used an outdated memorycard benchmark as a standard.