550D Newbie here!

he's not exactly wrong..

but you didn't tell him that you wanted to shoot 2 hours continuous~!!!!! heck man, i wasn't expecting such a thing too lor...

its nice to shoot video, short clips~! not FULL CONCERTS~! lol...
don't even think about it la.. if you really wanna video full concerts go get a small handicam...

use the camera to the max of its wonderful capabilities...
it will give you inspiring photos, and awesome video clips..

just unlikely that it will give you 2 hour concerts... :confused:
I already have a FS200.. but seeing how i record WHOLE concerts.. the quality must be good.. so i thought i switched to DSLR.

But does HD Camcorders need the high class SD Cards too?

Hmm.. i may want to sell my 550D and get a HD camcorder.. argh!!! such a tough choice!

Got a Concert coming soon and its sooooo epic.. i just gotta take down the whole thing in HD!

OK.. so lets say that i got a class 10 16GB SDHC Memory Card.. how much 720p video can i take at most? I cant seem to adjust it to a lower FPS.. its only 1280x720 50fps..

i really need help :confused:

I already have a FS200.. but seeing how i record WHOLE concerts.. the quality must be good.. so i thought i switched to DSLR.

But does HD Camcorders need the high class SD Cards too?

i don't think its the 550d specific... all DSLRs will not let you shoot 1 hour concert clips... let alone 2 hours~! OH MY!!

hmmmm if you really need to shoot something so long it can only be the video cams..

with regards to the HD cams card requirements i'm not too sure... maybe someone else will know..

Hmm.. i may want to sell my 550D and get a HD camcorder.. argh!!! such a tough choice!

Got a Concert coming soon and its sooooo epic.. i just gotta take down the whole thing in HD!

OK.. so lets say that i got a class 10 16GB SDHC Memory Card.. how much 720p video can i take at most? I cant seem to adjust it to a lower FPS.. its only 1280x720 50fps..

i really need help :confused:

camcorder? Would like to see how you can sneak that in...

You might get throw out of the concert. ;)

Memory world at funan selling class 10 16gb at $55 and 32gb at $115, not sure if the offer is still available, you can go down and check. Brand not sure also

Yes, go Memory World to get their Transcend Class 10 SDHC.

Just got mine last week @ $55/- for the 16GB Class10. ;)

So far so good. Recorded almost 20 minutes for Full-HD 1080p continuously without problem :cool:.

If using the 8GB Class 4 Scandisk card, the recording will stop automatically after a very short time (about < 2 minutes). :angry:

What is the max it can take with 720p with a 16GB Class 10 SD?

Hi I also just got my 1st EOS camera 550D XD
Had the same problem like you 2weeks back. It's due to the SD card Classes. Class 4 speed is too slow for recording. It will stop recording like say 5secs?
You need to get Class 6 and above if you want to record. I brought a 8GB Class 10 and it work out fine :D

What is the max it can take with 720p with a 16GB Class 10 SD?

Based on the Manual Pg132, ;)

FileSizeforHDMovies.jpg

If 330MB/min is needed, a 2 hrs (120mins) movie will need about 40GB of space.

However, please note that your 550D will stop every 4GB file size. Furthermore, 1 battery is not enough for you 2 hrs shooting. :sweat:

Haha.. great :) go there slightly early to get yourself a seat.. that time when I went it was rather crowded..

Oh really!

Didn't really noe where e place is but frm e map, it doesn't seem to b near e mrt station.

Oh really!

Didn't really noe where e place is but frm e map, it doesn't seem to b near e mrt station.

It's the building beside harbour front centre.. connected by the overhead bridge leading to the hawker centre on the opposite side of the road..

Haha.. I got there by the map too.. dun worry, its hard to get lost :)

It's the building beside harbour front centre.. connected by the overhead bridge leading to the hawker centre on the opposite side of the road..

Haha.. I got there by the map too.. dun worry, its hard to get lost :)

Oh i see!
How is the training like?
Teach individually or in a grp?
coz most ppl with different models of dslr, rite?

Oh i see!
How is the training like?
Teach individually or in a grp?
coz most ppl with different models of dslr, rite?

Hmm.. the training's very basic.. but it'll help a lot if u r just too lazy to read thru the manual.. its on the technical aspect of the camera and not about photography.. so don't expect tips on photography!

It'll be done as a group with the demostrator using the model most common in the group..:)

Last edited: