550D battery life span

DSLRnoob04

Jul 15, 2010
SG, Hougang New Town
Can i check with all pros/master out there, do M mood take up more battery as i was trying to shoot with M mood and the battery gone off pretty fast. Is this normal?

And is there battery grip for 550D for me to have a longer battery life span?

1. No, M mode does not drain your battery more.

2. Look on the Canon website. Easy, right?

Can i check with all pros/master out there, do M mood take up more battery as i was trying to shoot with M mood and the battery gone off pretty fast. Is this normal?

the battery should be quite ok, doesn't matter what mode you shoot in...

things to check include you LCD brightness, and whether you have set the LCD to power-saving... flash also drains batt but also not very fast la..

i usually can use one battery for 2-3 days... of like going out and casual shooting of frens outings full day..

if ur battery can't even last you awhile, i suggest you get a new one..

My batt lasted for 515 pix all taken in 1 day before the low batt alert shows on the screen. Should be able to take another 5-10 shots before it goes flat fully.

I take long exposure as well. 1/2 of the pix are using live view as I am still learning the functions.

the battery should be quite ok, doesn't matter what mode you shoot in...

things to check include you LCD brightness, and whether you have set the LCD to power-saving... flash also drains batt but also not very fast la..

i usually can use one battery for 2-3 days... of like going out and casual shooting of frens outings full day..

if ur battery can't even last you awhile, i suggest you get a new one..

same here, I got a extra LP-E8 and I also bring it with me when I go for shoot. Won't utilize it often, 1 battery can last very very long. As for a 3rd party LP-E8 the life span is not bad as well.

Thanks alot for the help above. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I should do a test again before i purchase anything!!

It may reduce the battery life when you constantly use a very fast shutter speed and a very small aperture with flash as the flash output is always maximum. Other than that it shouldnt affect your battery life.:)