55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

antimony60

Nov 27, 2007
Just boughtt this affordable 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor lens however, I am not able to locate the aperture ring, is there one, anyway? Thanks !!

any lens manual? the diagram should show. but wait f/4-5.6G...if i'm not wrong these G range does not have an aperture ring.

Just boughtt this affordable 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor lens however, I am not able to locate the aperture ring, is there one, anyway? Thanks !!

there is no aperture ring for 55-200mm vr. any reason why you are looking for the aperture ring?

there is no aperture ring for 55-200mm vr. any reason why you are looking for the aperture ring?

Oh, I need to set my preferred aperture setting when I select Aperture prioriy on the D80. Please advise. Thanks !!

Oh, I need to set my preferred aperture setting when I select Aperture prioriy on the D80. Please advise. Thanks !!

I thought you can set on your camera for shutter speed as well as aperture??? :dunno:

dude! the manual! read it! :bsmilie:

it is set electronically by the rotating dial! you should be able to see the f-number changing when u turn it.

but seriously, before you ask anymore questions, please the read manual yea?

dude! the manual! read it! :bsmilie:

it is set electronically by the rotating dial! you should be able to see the f-number changing when u turn it.

but seriously, before you ask anymore questions, please the read manual yea?
Thanks Bro, seriously, I did not "touch" the user Manual at all since I got my D80 Body about 1 week ago, relying only on this link -->> http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d80/users-guide/d80-users-guide.pdf for information

hehe no problems. go through the manual, find out how to control it. if not, set it to auto and tada! a very expensive point and shoot.

All Nikon "G" type lenses do not have any aperture ring. In fact future lenses will most ppbly be design in this way. Previous older and "D" type lenses were use on older film bodies like F401, F501, F301, F601, F801, F90 etc as you need to control aperture settings on lenses... One other way will be using reversal ring or extention tube.

All Nikon "G" type lenses do not have any aperture ring. In fact future lenses will most ppbly be design in this way. Previous older and "D" type lenses were use on older film bodies like F401, F501, F301, F601, F801, F90 etc as you need to control aperture settings on lenses... One other way will be using reversal ring or extention tube.

Thanks !! Greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.