50mm out shooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
after saw comment from espn
50mm is a pretty versatile glass, irregardless of 1.5x or 1.6x or whatever x. It's small light and convenient with a good range for you to do a lot of things and frankly, it's a good glass to learn to get used to exposure control, framing and composition.

Leave the 50mm on the camera for a month or so, shooting only with it, you'll learn quite a fair bit.

Many will say, wah not wide enough, wah, not good enough for portraits blah blah blah. Whereas I think the f/1.8 is a good advantage to many good shots and your creativity is totally not killed by the focal range.

For example, did this last year near Christmas with tunster (a canon user) - http://www.nikonuser.org/forum/showthread.php?t=647 Mostly on the 50 f/1.8 because of the lowlight ambient. Not wide? Depends on how you frame it.

Versatility wise, I got a 'tall' tree, DOF, moving background with subject in focus, DOF, ambience and composition.

It's a great glass to do a lot of things and it's a prime which promises good image quality nearly throughout the aperture, even at f/1.8. Walkabout, casual shooting, the 50mm is one of my favourite glass to own.

All in all, I believe everybody should own one for it's good price and versatality.

just a newbie want to learn then make a thread n ask who r interest abt'50mm out shooting'!! hehehe.....
:embrass: :embrass:

last time u ask a film user sure got a lot will come out. Last time when we go shaolin temple train train eh, all use 50mm, abbot ask to take all sort of funny subjects with a 50mm. In fact if you are a digi only user, a 50mm with a higher pixel body can get you a lot of crops with the sharpness taken with a prime 50mm.

I don't mind, it's pretty challenging with a 50mm alone. You organise... I can even show you how to take macro using a BR-2A + 50mm. :D

Go go go!!

Just don't bully me... a newbie here... 'k?

definitely challenging, i tend to use only the 50mm with my 20D when i go out with my family. can get some weird shots..haha

.. theres 50mm + 24 exposure outing a yr ago
I did join ..

It just takes some getting used to. While shooting streets I find that I work best with a 50mm FOV. I hardly think of using another lens when I'm really doing street-people. It was quite a common exercise in the past i believe, but not so now in the digital era. Mainly because of the crop factor I don't use digital for street photography, but I'm hoping to get a 35mm to change that. 50, for me is the perfect street f length.

anytime...long time no shoot fully with just a 50mm...time to move our butts then our zooms..

espn said:
I don't mind, it's pretty challenging with a 50mm alone. You organise... I can even show you how to take macro using a BR-2A + 50mm. :D

Go go go!!

Just don't bully me... a newbie here... 'k?
with a 52mm rubber lens hood, you can use it as a cheapskate "lensbaby" thingy ;p

I lagi newbier and willing to learn. 50/1.8 is a light combo. I'm on!

Haha inspired by me?? :bsmilie:

When is the outing? I might be interested if i have the time :)

Sounds interesting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.