• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

50mm out shooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey91

Jan 1, 2006
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
after saw comment from espn
50mm is a pretty versatile glass, irregardless of 1.5x or 1.6x or whatever x. It's small light and convenient with a good range for you to do a lot of things and frankly, it's a good glass to learn to get used to exposure control, framing and composition.

Leave the 50mm on the camera for a month or so, shooting only with it, you'll learn quite a fair bit.

Many will say, wah not wide enough, wah, not good enough for portraits blah blah blah. Whereas I think the f/1.8 is a good advantage to many good shots and your creativity is totally not killed by the focal range.

For example, did this last year near Christmas with tunster (a canon user) - http://www.nikonuser.org/forum/showthread.php?t=647 Mostly on the 50 f/1.8 because of the lowlight ambient. Not wide? Depends on how you frame it.

Versatility wise, I got a 'tall' tree, DOF, moving background with subject in focus, DOF, ambience and composition.

It's a great glass to do a lot of things and it's a prime which promises good image quality nearly throughout the aperture, even at f/1.8. Walkabout, casual shooting, the 50mm is one of my favourite glass to own.

All in all, I believe everybody should own one for it's good price and versatality.
just a newbie want to learn then make a thread n ask who r interest abt'50mm out shooting'!! hehehe.....
:embrass: :embrass:

Maltese

Mar 21, 2005
Singapore
last time u ask a film user sure got a lot will come out. Last time when we go shaolin temple train train eh, all use 50mm, abbot ask to take all sort of funny subjects with a 50mm. In fact if you are a digi only user, a 50mm with a higher pixel body can get you a lot of crops with the sharpness taken with a prime 50mm.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
I don't mind, it's pretty challenging with a 50mm alone. You organise... I can even show you how to take macro using a BR-2A + 50mm. :D

Go go go!!

Just don't bully me... a newbie here... 'k?

dragos

Jan 17, 2002
Apex Circle
www.adamteo.net
definitely challenging, i tend to use only the 50mm with my 20D when i go out with my family. can get some weird shots..haha

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
.. theres 50mm + 24 exposure outing a yr ago
I did join ..

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
It just takes some getting used to. While shooting streets I find that I work best with a 50mm FOV. I hardly think of using another lens when I'm really doing street-people. It was quite a common exercise in the past i believe, but not so now in the digital era. Mainly because of the crop factor I don't use digital for street photography, but I'm hoping to get a 35mm to change that. 50, for me is the perfect street f length.

GENO

Jul 31, 2004
Teddy Bear Land
anytime...long time no shoot fully with just a 50mm...time to move our butts then our zooms..

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
espn said:
I don't mind, it's pretty challenging with a 50mm alone. You organise... I can even show you how to take macro using a BR-2A + 50mm. :D

Go go go!!

Just don't bully me... a newbie here... 'k?
with a 52mm rubber lens hood, you can use it as a cheapskate "lensbaby" thingy ;p

I lagi newbier and willing to learn. 50/1.8 is a light combo. I'm on!

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Haha inspired by me?? :bsmilie:

When is the outing? I might be interested if i have the time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom