50mm F1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

an an

May 31, 2009
hey guys just woundering. ermm do 50mm prime lens be able to take close pictures? example a picture of fabric or a design shirt Or is it better to stick with 18-55mm? hope you guys can help me on this thnx.;)

how close is close...you may need to use a reverse lens ring adaptor or close up filters.

how close is close...you may need to use a reverse lens ring adaptor or close up filters.

example of taking a picture of a model and a sample of fabric design. to show products that i am selling.. sumthing like that hope you can understand haha..

i see....the 50mm will do for partial body shots but you may need an off-shoe capable flash to make things interesting and perhaps some experience in using PS Unsharp Mask, Curves and Levels.

i see....the 50mm will do for partial body shots but you may need an off-shoe capable flash to make things interesting and perhaps some experience in using PS Unsharp Mask, Curves and Levels.

haha wah didnt expect to be that much. so its better to get 50mm then 18-55mm lens is it?

How big are the cloth swatches you're talking about?

Unless you have specific requirements that your current lens cannot meet, I'd suggest you try using it. You might find it's all you need. Sure a 50mm prime has a larger aperture (good for low lighting situations and more), and better image quality (how much do you really need?), but until you know what you need, there's no point buying new gear.

the pic is sumthing lyke this.. i wanna show the design and everything in detail..

2482147885_cd1b9383ed.jpg

for products, it would be better for everything to be in detail. of course, there are cases that you want something to be blurred out. for this, set your aperture as required.

For Canon, the EFS 18-55 allows a bigger magnification ratio (althou still < 1) than the 50mm F1.8, Since it can have longer focal length 55mm and shorter MFD. So in this aspect it might be more suitable if close up of the fabric is required. The IS might be useful also.

Also, it have wide end 18mm for full body portraits and this can be quite useful if the situations arises.

Last edited:
personally i think the 18-55 lens would be a better fit for taking products. a wider range and flexibility.

Personally, I think the super zoom can do a much better job than a dSLR if this is the only requirement.

hmmm ill think i just stick with the 18-55mm hahha and ill try out watever can be done.. thnx you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.