50mm f/1.8d Lens on d60

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenXiaoHai

Jan 2, 2009
Hey guys, I've recently bought a d60 with 18-55 and 55-200 lens. Thinking of getting the 50mm for portraits and the f/1.8 is the most affordable to me now. I know that AF won't work on d60, but I would like to know if the green dot at the bottom left corner will still be there if the subject is in focus. And if there are any d40/40x/60 users here with the lens, please give some comments.

The f/1.4 AF/S is too pricey for me...

On the D40, the green dot is there.

I thought the D60 has some kind of "focusing scale", am i right?

in other words... I should get it without much worries?

Yup, the green dot will appear and the range finder will appear at the bottom of the screen to tell which direction to turn the focusing ring...

I had one for a while, but didn't really like MF... Sold it away to a friend with a D90 so it AF...

Yup, the green dot will appear and the range finder will appear at the bottom of the screen to tell which direction to turn the focusing ring...

I had one for a while, but didn't really like MF... Sold it away to a friend with a D90 so it AF...

You guys should read this...
http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/c5fac8dca84d001fc125751a004ab772

CLN-Team:
What was your experience when working with the Planar T* 1.4/85 ZE?

Budde:
After years of working with autofocus and zoom lenses, at the beginning you think that you are going to be restricted by manual focusing, but this attitude changes very quickly when you realize the creative opportunities that open up for you. While you are taking photographs, looking for the "right" point of sharpness, the original idea for the image can sometimes change. You can be drawn into the scene and are effectively travelling through the image. And in doing so you discover again and again new aspects about the composition. That it truly exciting!

Use the rangefinder, i realise only d60 have this rangefinder feature and not even on the newer models.

thanks for all the replies, should be getting it!

it's quite tiring for eye to look through while manual-focusing. believe me. u will feel like selling it away after a week.

it's quite tiring for eye to look through while manual-focusing. believe me. u will feel like selling it away after a week.
Different people different opinion I guess... I personally prefer AF, while others swear by MF...

This really depends hey? I have one kaki also using a D60, he's really into MF lenses, he shoots regularly with his 50 and 35mm nikon primes. What's best, is that he also shoots film, and so the lenses can be used directly on nikon slrs!

Personally, I'm no fan of MF - as my camera is an AF camera - no split prism focusing screen - plus I rarely use primes - most of my stuff is @ F8, 16mm, hyperfocused :) (that said, urge to buy a 14mm 2.8 is strong lol)

i use MF for D60 + 50 1.8 until i want to vomit.
Moreoever, u want to use for portrait?? Forget it la.
Rather pay more for whichever 18-50 f2.8 that can AF on D60.

It's pretty easy to use MF on D60.
MF may make you slower a bit, and seems troublesome. But with more practice, it's really fun.

forgot to add...

i used 50 1.8 at the CosFest last yr.
Most of the shots turned out not sharp.
And i missed out alot of fast-paced shots because i was busy focusing.
My 18-200 lens gave me better shots in the end.

Iam not good at MF with my D60 50mm too.
I think I did better get the new 1.4 rather than busy focusing than compositing

Status
Not open for further replies.