50mm Collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
The more I think about it, the more I realise my most-used lens is still my 50mm f/1.8 II.

Hence without further ado, I shall begin my collection of shots here.

I will post new shots from time to time. Please feel free to give me feedback, so as to improve.

Plugged In.
Plugged_In__by_k_leb_k.jpg

Much Mileage Covered.
Much_Mileage__by_k_leb_k.jpg

Nice, I like it very much. BW was a good choice given the subjects IMO, and well executed!

I like the feel of the pics, creative too. Thanks for sharing. Great work. :thumbsup:

Nice pics. High contrast B&W. Know why the end of slippers looked a little grainy?

Actually I have no idea why. I performed basic NR in Adobe Camera RAW before converting to JPG and working on them in Photoshop. Did a lot of burning and dodging actually. It was quite an attempt experimenting with the Zone System (I'm sure I didn't do Ansel Adams proud).

Nice, I like it very much. BW was a good choice given the subjects IMO, and well executed!

I like the feel of the pics, creative too. Thanks for sharing. Great work. :thumbsup:

Thanks very much for all your comments.

i like #1.. #2 is a bit erm.. dirty.. lol..

Heh. Very much intended.

I really miss shooting with my 50mm. Ever since I got my 35 f/2 and Sigma 10-20, they've been interchanging PRs, and my 50mm plays second fiddle. I must go shooting with it again. Haha.

Once again, thanks to all for the comments so far.

Here's another to add to the collection.

Anapauo
Anapauo__by_k_leb_k.jpg

This was shot at my church's Young Adult Retreat. I was co-official photographer. ;)

Before The Lights Come On
Before_the_lights_come_on__by_k_leb_k.jpg

Shot during the golden (both figuratively and literally) hour for photography.

Nice Colours!

Here's another. This one was shot in Bintan.

50mm was chosen over other lenses because of its similarity in perspective to the human eye, and negligible distortion.

Two.
Two__by_k_leb_k.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I realise my most-used lens is still my 50mm f/1.8 II.

Hence without further ado, I shall begin my collection of shots here.

I will post new shots from time to time. Please feel free to give me feedback, so as to improve.

Plugged In.
Plugged_In__by_k_leb_k.jpg

Much Mileage Covered.
Much_Mileage__by_k_leb_k.jpg

Nice, i like the feel of it. :)

I want that macbook! :bsmilie:

Very very nice! It's certainly abstract.. Got artistic skill :D

I want that macbook! :bsmilie:

Very very nice! It's certainly abstract.. Got artistic skill :D

Thank you for your kind words.

What macbook are you referring to?

nice shots! when i saw the title i thought it was a collection of 50mm lenses :bsmilie:

think he meant the usb adapter?

btw i like the flip flops together with the caption "Much Mileage Covered". nice! ;)

Haha. That cable was attached to an Acer PC.

Thanks for your kind words.

I could be wrong, yet that looks like a lot of dodging/burning. Why are the reflections of the soles so much brighter than the soles themselves? Then there's two sets of shadows that point in different directions. There's some hard-contoured patterns in out-of-focus regions that look like brush strokes, too. I think less (manipulation) would be more (image) here.

Status
Not open for further replies.