50mm attached in reverse????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oopss. Sorry, I didnt read carefuly.
If that's the case then it doesnt make sense to me, unless you only own 50mm lens. Without any lens attached to the body, you cannot control the aperture. Your digital cam might give you an error, unless it can record '00' aperture in the EXIF. Plus, the hassle of holing it carefully in front of your bare cam.

Just for fun, it also applies not only on 50mm lens but for closeup filters as well. Since it is lens by itself, you can hold it infront of your cam (without a lens) and possibly can take photo.

hehe, that's the fun thing about macro: there's so many different things you can try... :D

Sgt. Pepper said:
Oopss. Sorry, I didnt read carefuly.
If that's the case then it doesnt make sense to me, unless you only own 50mm lens. Without any lens attached to the body, you cannot control the aperture. Your digital cam might give you an error, unless it can record '00' aperture in the EXIF. Plus, the hassle of holing it carefully in front of your bare cam.

Just for fun, it also applies not only on 50mm lens but for closeup filters as well. Since it is lens by itself, you can hold it infront of your cam (without a lens) and possibly can take photo.
u still can control aperture, just turn the aperture ring loh..... ops, canon EF lens cannot do that ;p

and in the exif it'll record as "--", but gotta do some settings in the d70 b4 it can take pic w/o a lens attached

1) eos camera (mid range) with EF lens - easy to set up but view finder will be quite dim to do focusing since you will lock it down to the aperture set
set to manual, set shuttle speed and aperture, press DOV prview and remove the lens, reverse the lens and hold it against the lens mount (attach lens to reverse coupler if you have, its a mount on 1 end and threaded on the orther, quite diff to find.) take photo.

2) eos camera (any type) with EF lens - diff to make but easy to use
make a small slot near the electrical contacts of extension tube (2x) and connect the electrical contacts of both tube using electrical wire (7x, length of wire depends on the length of the lens used), make sure the pins to pins are connected correctly seal the slot using black tape. attached 1 extension tube to reverse coupler, then screw the coupler to front of lens as per (1), attached the other extension tube (shorter better) to the lens as you would normally. now mount the lens to the camera (the coupler end). ie, camera to extension tube to coupler to lens to extension tube. now you have full control of a EF lens in reverse mount (which is now a closeup lens). My friend andy1704 had made this set up quite some time ago and it works!

3) eos camera (any type) and 2 EF lens - easy to set up and use
mount a 100mm lens, attach 50mm lens to the front of 100mm lens using reverse ring 58 -52 step ring, or just black tape the 2 together. now you have a 2:1 macro lens, ie 2x life size.

4) eos camera (any type) and manual lens - easy to set up but may bre diff to use since you need to close to the aperture you want and meter, hence view finder will be quite dim to do focusing
attach reverse coupler to manual lens, mount to camera, set to Av or manual mode to shoot.

5) eos camera (any type) and EF lens - easy to set up and use
use close up filter, extension tube, tele-converter or combination of the 3.

note - image quality degrading is not disscuss here.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:think: interesting going to try to night. hehee :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.