5060 or Fujifilm S7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

tutu

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
Hi folks,

Anyone had any comments? Contemplating bet this 2 cameras buy couldn;t decide on it. 5060 has an edge that it has underwater housing.

Thinking of buying this in the US. Anyone bought stuff near the fisherman's wharf area at San Frans before?

DC in US seems incredibliy low price. anyone else need anything from there too?

you have to know what u want/need in a cam. i own a 5060 but happen to have looked at the s7000 for a long time before getting it.

plus points for 5060 are wide angle (27mm) lens, articulating LCD, metal body, TTL flash support, great picture quality, relatively compact body

plus points for the s7000 are longer zoom 35-210, AA battery support and vga movie mode at 30fps.

the c5060 has an optical viewfinder (which i prefer) as opposed to the s7000's EVF. if you dont need the 6x zoom, the 5060 is a good pick. the other cam you should be looking at is the canon g5 but that doesnt have an UW casing either.. good luck with your purchase!

tutu said:
Hi folks,

Anyone had any comments? Contemplating bet this 2 cameras buy couldn;t decide on it. 5060 has an edge that it has underwater housing.

Thinking of buying this in the US. Anyone bought stuff near the fisherman's wharf area at San Frans before?

DC in US seems incredibliy low price. anyone else need anything from there too?

Thanks Buddy for your info. I have friends commenting that 5060 is good. Definitely you made good points here. S7000 comes in good on the zoom (35-210mm eqv) and AA batteries. However, read some comments it sucks a lot of battery power.

haven't really made up my choice yet, but maybe someone can suggest a choice for me based on these usage pattern in that order.:

1) Macro shot
2) Portraits shots
3) underwater shots
4) sunset/sunrise shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.