500D or 40D?

MusKidd

Feb 15, 2009
Wanna upgrade, so this 2 is in my mind.
but not so sure whether to choose which one. anyone can help? ;)

Upgrade from what? Digital PnS? Film PnS? In which way does your current camera (which one, actually?) limit you or does not provide the features or functions that you require? What do you need from your new camera? Questions ... for you to answer :)

40D will be a good choice.

Cheers!

if price was the same, the 40D in an heartbeat.

Why not 550D and 50D but these 2 'older' models?So next time when 5D3 comes out are you gonna ask should i upgrade to 7D or 5D2?:dunno:

50d is good choice for TS ... dun need to upgrade at least for next 2-3 yrs

you mean if TS choose 40D, MUST upgrade soon?

strange logic you have.
The choice to upgrade depends on the individual.
Some people have itchy fingers, keep 'upgrading' every few months to a year.
Some people keep their cameras for years. Ask around how many people still shooting with 300D, 350D, D50, D40, D70, etc...

What do you expect will wear out so that your future upgrade prediction comes true? If lenses wear out TS can easily get new ones and for the ink in the sensor Sim Lim has plenty of shops to refill ...

Have you checked out on the reviews, compare among the 2, and analyse which one will fulfill ur needs more? And why pondering upgrade in the first place, ur current model limiting u in any way? U see.. If u cant answer the above qs and wanna upgrade for the sake of upgrading, then my advice is to stay with ur current :)

Upgrade from what? Digital PnS? Film PnS? In which way does your current camera (which one, actually?) limit you or does not provide the features or functions that you require? What do you need from your new camera? Questions ... for you to answer :)

i own a 400D now.

Why not 550D and 50D but these 2 'older' models?So next time when 5D3 comes out are you gonna ask should i upgrade to 7D or 5D2?:dunno:

the 50D and 550D not within my budget! :confused:

i own a 400D now.

Still not answered the other questions.
Beside this, from 400D to 500D ... just getting the slightly newer entry level to replace a slightly older entry level? Where is the sense? Seems you just have itchy fingers getting something new. But that's beyond reasonable advice.

40D will be a good choice.

Cheers!

Agree !!!

you mean if TS choose 40D, MUST upgrade soon?

strange logic you have.
The choice to upgrade depends on the individual.
Some people have itchy fingers, keep 'upgrading' every few months to a year.
Well, "Some people" are filthy rich enough to treat 'upgrading' DSLR as changing hp every year

TS, 40D, no regrets. its better to get a body made up of better material than cheap plastic.

do you want the video? or do you want the better build quality?

this piece of advice, lifted off THE ONLINE PHOTOGRAPHER should help:

1. Do your level best to get something you really, really like.

2. Make a promise to yourself—set a time goal in order to limit the time you might waste shopping and the money you might waste buying successive iterations of the same item. The best experiences I've had with new cameras were when I invested in exactly what I wanted and promised myself in advance that I'm going to commit to it for a certain period of time. I committed to the M6 for one year, and used it for nearly three; the OM-4T for three years, and used it for nearly five. Both experiences were great—very focused on pictures as opposed to gear. It's fun to shop, but it's crucial to stop.

3. While you own something, no matter what it is, use it as hard as you can and enjoy it.

it is the best advice that anyone can give because..... everyone is different.