$500 budget can buy what

ahboy168

Mar 30, 2009
East
I plan to buy for 7yr old cousin his first dslr.
What is the best deal for used ?
I am more to canon.

7yr old?? DSLR? ermm... i think you better save your money on DSLR and get a pns, besides your budget can only buy a second hand camera body without lens.

The 7-year-old cousin must be a genius to know how to operate a DSLR :bigeyes:

$500 basically cannot buy any Canon DSLR. If you don't mind 2nd hand cameras, there's a selection in the BnS section. :cool:

Please check your prices before posting.For $500 u can get a Canon 300/350/400/450/10D...

Please check your prices before posting.For $500 u can get a Canon 300/350/400/450/10D...

hmm...hotwork77 did mentioned secondhand....
maybe it will be clearer if he said "$500 basically cannot buy any NEW Canon DSLR"

$500 basically cannot buy any Canon DSLR. If you don't mind 2nd hand cameras, there's a selection in the BnS section. :cool:

hmm...hotwork77 did mentioned secondhand....
maybe it will be clearer if he said "$500 basically cannot buy any NEW Canon DSLR"

So which part of the post i enlarged said its 2nd hand?

What's your beef? Check my statement before you go shooting yourself in the foot. I said basically cos Canon models you mentioned are already discontinued and difficult to find brand new. If you think you can still get it then tell TS where to find them. No need to shoot back at me for trying to help.:cool:

Last edited:

You said $500 basically cannot buy any Canon DSLR.

I told you that for $500 you can get a 300/350/400/450/10D.

What's your beef? Check my statement before you go shooting yourself in the foot. There's this guy in BnS offering less than $500 for 2nd hand like I said: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770802:cool:

Anything wrong?

hmm...considering you won't be able to get any new 300D/350D/10D now...
i don't see how you can get a new 300D/350D/10D for $500. :dunno:

actually Shutter Journey is selling some 10D (brand new) earlier on for ard $500 but maybe no more by now.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720458

anyway chill guys.

lets go back to TS question...

ermm TS, do u seriously think a 7 year old kid is suitable to use DSLR? i have nothing against teenagers using it (since their parents is willing to buy for them and some saved up to buy for themselves)... but 7 years old, is there really a need? 7 years old is only like K1?

why not you buy him a pns... if not a lomo cam (but expensive to burnt on films). i think that is more suitable.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the weight be too heavy for him?
A pns would be better..he can pick up basic composition before moving to dslr in future and it is light enuff for him to bring daily..

actually Shutter Journey is selling some 10D (brand new) earlier on for ard $500 but maybe no more by now.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720458

anyway chill guys.

lets go back to TS question...

ermm TS, do u seriously think a 7 year old kid is suitable to use DSLR? i have nothing against teenagers using it (since their parents is willing to buy for them and some saved up to buy for themselves)... but 7 years old, is there really a need? 7 years old is only like K1?

why not you buy him a pns... if not a lomo cam (but expensive to burnt on films). i think that is more suitable.

Passion should start at a young age... Dont you agree? :)

Should be P2..

oops haha but P2 is still very young i find.

but unless the cousin is very keen in photography and have some talents, it is good to start young but if not... he might just have fun with it and chuck the poor DSLR one side and leave it to grow fungus.