50 + 36 @ 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

theITguy

Sep 19, 2003
In this small world
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,

This is the 3rd installation with regard to the first. This is a challenge to the current crop of people, some who did not even took a picture with film or prime len. After the shoot we will go for lunch and share our experience if you are keen.

Intentions of this event:
1. Seek to improve exposure and composing techniques
2. Meet more friends

Rules for this event
1. Any camera, be it digital or film, 35mm or medium or even large format
2. Any film, be it B&W, colour slide or negative
3. 36 exposures, other format users are also restricted to 36 exposures (regardless how many cameras you bring)
4. 1 prime len of 50mm or equal in 35mm format. If no 50mm prime:
- Use another prime of your choice
- Use a zoom but you fixed it to 50mm thoughout the outing
- Use a zoom but you fixed it at any one focal length you prefer thoughout the outing

5. No deletion of pictures allowed. Each digital user will be checked with their picture count (image numbering) before and after the event.
6. No change of ISO (for digital users) or film (for film users).
7. No cropping allowed (if not as well as a zoom)

Date: 13th March 2005
Time: 8.00am - 12.00pm
Meetup Point: Chinatown MRT
Slots: Now is 12 instead as more is merrier

Please PM me your particulars if you are interested. I will need the following information as confirmation that you would come. Be assured that your personal information will not be given out without your permission:

1. Real Name
2. Email
3. Mobile Contact (or home contact if not available)

List of Participants:
1. theITguy
2. wingless84
3. chenchengcai
4. fengwei
5. serchim
6. ivantay
7. Pyre of Fyre
8. helbreath
9. niterider
10. GENO
11. jodie
12. war3
13. liquify (ok, lah, think 1 or 2 more will not die)
14. quekky (OK, over limit but you have to carry my ladder :bsmilie: )

Basically this trip will cover the Market (hence the early timing), shops around the market and a look at the old folks there. Full of stuff there to see (or shoot if you like). My target is to start by 8am till 11.30am, then we go for an early lunch. You can choose to move in smaller groups or by yourself, as this trip is to help explore your potential in tackling Chinese old folks while improving your framing techniques and interaction skills. Feel free to buy any vegetables/meat along the way. I will need to buy as my mother is away in China, so those who wants a dinner with me and taste my cooking skill can come my house at night. But you will definitely regret doing so :bigeyes:

Just in case, the food at Chinatown hawker is ok for all? I just want to confirm if there are any Muslim, Vegeterian or other food eaters? We can always make arrangement to go other places so we can all talk photo while keeping our racial harmony intact.

One last thing, be punctual as much as possible so we can start early ;)
Christopher

Luckily 13th is Sunday. Otherwise I won't be able to join again :)

BTW, can digital cam users shoot in RAW? Or strict to JPG only :think: 'Cause we need the digital dark room to process our pics just like those photo labs devloping films.

Cheers!

Hi Chris, put me in. ;)

I may need to leave at 12pm sharp . I enjoy the previous session , even though it was a little hot

fengwei said:
Luckily 13th is Sunday. Otherwise I won't be able to join again :)

BTW, can digital cam users shoot in RAW? Or strict to JPG only :think: 'Cause we need the digital dark room to process our pics just like those photo labs devloping films.

Cheers!

RAW or JPEG, anything you like. Of course my advice is minimal editing of colour, saturation, contrast and no cropping. If not this outing is as good as no use. digital compact users can choose to use the widest or tele end only (as zooming is a problem to make it to 50mm).

Ivan:

Hi, will see you again.

Christopher

Increase the limit to 12 as the market quite big lah. Most of all I would really like to relax, eat some stuff and lim kopi while we talk about photos :)

AReality said:
Max 36 exposures, but not many pple evee hit 3/4 of that leh...

Hehe, I hit only 1/3 only coz I very slow thinker :embrass:

I will be organising a competition after about 5 - 8 outings to choose the best series of photos.

theITguy said:
Hehe, I hit only 1/3 only coz I very slow thinker :embrass:

I will be organising a competition after about 5 - 8 outings to choose the best series of photos.

Actually, the full challenge is to shoot all 36 or 37 exposures.

Half the challenge is to think carefully, don't anyhow shoot.
The other half is to be able to find 36 good scenes within a limited time and space.

I see how whether can join. Sunday morning not good time for me.

AReality said:
What about shooting the same scene from different angles ?

As long as you...
1. Think carefully, don't anyhow shoot
2. Can produce many DIFFERENT good pixs from limited time and space. Yes, different can be different angles of the same scene.

BTW: I am not suggesting that I can do this. I was just pointing out the second aspect of the challenge which, I feel, is often overlooked.

How you respond to this challenge is up to you. The idea is to learn from the experience. And from other's experiences.

No rules, no rights/wrongs, no mistakes -- just lessons.

yos, christopher.................me , jodie-(confirm coming) , mmm i try to get another...( i try to confirm the third person with u by tmr....

GENO said:
yos, christopher.................me , jodie-(confirm coming) , mmm i try to get another...( i try to confirm the third person with u by tmr....

Dun forget me hor... i chop one place oso. :sticktong
Dun pretend ah... i PM u oredi ;)

for self rolled film, if one roll got 35 only, how? :confused: and i always can take 37 per standard roll. ;p so i think better make it 36+-1 :bsmilie:

war3 said:
for self rolled film, if one roll got 35 only, how? :confused: and i always can take 37 per standard roll. ;p so i think better make it 36+-1 :bsmilie:

You can always save that 1 frame and use for post outing group photo ;p

sorry. I am afraid I would not able to join u. Got a project meeting on Sunday. u guys enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.