50+36 @ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

theITguy

Sep 19, 2003
In this small world
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,

This is the 2nd installation with regard to the first. This is a challenge to the current crop of people, some who did not even took a picture with film or prime len. After the shoot we will go for lunch and share our experience if you are keen.

Intentions of this event:
1. Seek to improve exposure and composing techniques
2. Meet more friends

Rules for this event
1. Any camera, be it digital or film, 35mm or medium or even large format
2. Any film, be it B&W, colour slide or negative
3. 36 exposures, other format users are also restricted to 36 exposures
4. 1 prime len of 50mm or equal in 35mm format. If no 50mm prime bring another prime of your choice. For zoom users fix your zoom to 50mm (or the nearest).
5. No deletion of pictures allowed. Each digital user will be checked with their picture count (image numbering) before and after the event.
6. No change of ISO (for digital users) or film (for film users).
7. No cropping allowed (if not as well as a zoom)
8. Restriction to 36 exposure regardless of the number of camera bodies you have.

Date: 5th March 2005
Time: 9.30am - 3.30pm
Meetup Point: Little India MRT
Slots: 8 Max

Do note that there may be wet weather as nowadays the sky is not too fine. We might have to wait till rain stop. Alternatively, you can also bring your photos along where we can share during lunch or while waiting for the rain to stop (touch wood). If any of you (participant) happen to have a vehicle like a van or pickup, I will be glad to bring a ladder along for whatever shots you need to take on it :devil: You will be amused how much a ladder can do to capture a particular scene/subject.

Please PM me your particulars if you are interested. I will put up 10 names (with 2 as reservations in case someone cannot make it this time) asap. I will need the following information as confirmation that you would come. Be assured that your personal information will not be given out without your permission:

1. Real Name
2. Email
3. Mobile Contact (or home contact if not available)

The tentative list for the outing according to whoever PM me first:
1. theITguy / Christopher / theitguy@starhub.net.sg
2. chenchengcai / Chris
3. Tim (chenchengcai's friend)
4. icarus / James
5. edlye / Ed
6. wormz777 / Andrew
7. tech_girl
8. ivantay
9. GENO (reserved for expressing interest by Wed 2359hr :p )

Sorry to all others who may want to attend. I will try to organise 2 trips per weekend to let those who are unable to make it on Sat to go too. Not too experience as an organiser, so just want to keep group smaller :sweat:

Anything not sure, please do ask.
Christopher

Why not Sunday :think: Saturday will get stuck here at work again this week :(

fengwei said:
Why not Sunday :think: Saturday will get stuck here at work again this week :(
Sunday got another outing at the Sony forums :) Join us!

If i got nothing on sat( count me in ), i still need to finish my pityful roll of film! haha

I try to confirm by wed!

icarus said:
Sunday got another outing at the Sony forums :) Join us!

I don't have a Sony cam (well, except my hand phone-T610 and Clie PDA-TH55 ;) ), but might join you guys if nothing to do on Sunday.

Cheers!

Hi fengwei,

I am wary of the work commitments, afterall it is the job that most are having that pays for our hobby :sweat: As much as possible I would try to organise 2 trips per weekend, which allows me to see the same things twice, hopefully from many other angles too.

(The next trip will be on a Sunday lah, since Sat I going to Ubin ;p )
Christopher

Enjoy yourself, guys. Got a wedding to cover. I also hv not processed the pics from last Sunday's outing. Would join you guys some other time.

theITguy said:
Hi fengwei,

I am wary of the work commitments, afterall it is the job that most are having that pays for our hobby :sweat: As much as possible I would try to organise 2 trips per weekend, which allows me to see the same things twice, hopefully from many other angles too.

Christopher

Okay. Actually either Sat or Sun would be good for me next weekend ;) I'll bring along my 50mm manual lens and try to get the feeling of manual settings :)

Cheers!

Updated the tentative list. Those who have not PM me their contacts please do so by Wed 2359hr or I will pass your slots to those who are looking forward to.

Thanks
Christopher

theITguy said:
Hi fengwei,

Christopher

Oih, when are you going Ubin? Bo chio... :sticktong

Sorry Christopher, i cant make it tis sat ....pls give my place to someone else..thanks...

Tmr there's a meeting at funan right? 7pm.. i try to make it after work..

GENO ah, anyway it is full ;p The following outing we will go out again loh. It might be at Duxton place there, I will go recce in these few days :confused:

Seeya chris!
:D
Btw, will have to go back at around 1pm.... paiseh hor
;)

Just got back. Today Little India happening, got smoke and FireFighters. Some of us take the chance to be news reporter and got questioned by the police :sweat: Lucky no one is injured (I suppose). The place is fun and exciting. I will be going down another day.

This outing in fact got 10 person inclusive of myself. Some developed their photos already, some did not finish while I FINALLY finished my bloody 36 exposures after 3 session of outing :confused: We had fun talking (yar I talked a lot :sticktong ) and sharing our equipment like the Nikon F4 with V Grip. One even brought a old rangefinder from the 50s and shoot manual. Next outing I hope to see some Contax and Leica users too? hehe

Some requesting to abandon the 50mm concept. Some requesting to allow use of zoom lens with zooming. Those who went to any one of the 3 outings, I did not really "forced" you to use a 50mm, as I know there are some who do not have one.

But I have to reinforce the concept behind this outing, that is improving your framing and picture, while learning to work with restrictions.

I would say that you can choose one of the following:
1. Use a 50mm prime
2. Use another prime of your choice
3. Use a zoom but you fixed it to 50mm thoughout the outing
4. Use a zoom but you fixed it at any one focal length you prefer thoughout the outing

If you choose to use zooms (somehow you cheated or whatever), it does defeat the purpose of trying to make the best or test the limits of your equipment, that is a fixed focal length lens (be it prime or zoom) and 36 exposures. I will update the requirement for the next outing to ensure that more people can join and basically, have fun and push our skills to a new level.

Christopher

Status
Not open for further replies.