5 Years & MIO TV Still Facing Intermittent Network Connection Issues

That why they need fiber infrastructure. And all tax payer pay for it whether like it or not.
Telco just operate it. Sound like "mrt" approach ?

Can Singtel please be kind to us and dont bid for the EPL anymore? I am most willing to go back to Starhub.

That why they need fiber infrastructure. And all tax payer pay for it whether like it or not.
Telco just operate it. Sound like "mrt" approach ?
If they stream the broadcast at 240i, sure got no problem. ;p

Can Singtel please be kind to us and dont bid for the EPL anymore? I am most willing to go back to Starhub.
Next year they are going to bid five times as much for exclusive rights, and the subscribers are going to pay 10 times more for access. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I'm glad I watched the whole thing via web stream. No interruptions.

Many years ago I was using Singnet ADSL and my line keep getting disconnected.

I called up the SingTel technician to fix the problem but the problem still occurs.

Eventually, the technician also gave up and said the problem seem to be due to the aging phone line at my housing estate,which is more than 20 years old.

The old phone line cannot support high bandwidth data for ADSL. So I have no choice but to cancelled SingNet and use Starhub Maxmobile.

When they start MioTV, Singtel send a promoter to my door and offer free 3 months trials period.

So I told her I will use the MioTV if Singtel replace the aging phone line at my housing estate.

But like SMRT, SingTel don't seem to want to replace aging infra-structure.

If you are still using fixed line, I suggest you make the switch now.

Many years ago I was using Singnet ADSL and my line keep getting disconnected.

I called up the SingTel technician to fix the problem but the problem still occurs.

Eventually, the technician also gave up and said the problem seem to be due to the aging phone line at my housing estate,which is more than 20 years old.

The old phone line cannot support high bandwidth data for ADSL. So I have no choice but to cancelled SingNet and use Starhub Maxmobile.

When they start MioTV, Singtel send a promoter to my door and offer free 3 months trials period.

So I told her I will use the MioTV if Singtel replace the aging phone line at my housing estate.

But like SMRT, SingTel don't seem to want to replace aging infra-structure.

If you are still using fixed line, I suggest you make the switch now.

i have intermittent issues with singnet broadband.. i subsribed at least twice.. first time i have so much issues with the line.. 2nd time i have alot of issues also, but the technician didn't blame the line ..

they are cheap, but those underground lines are really old.. and they won't want to replace them..

i have intermittent issues with singnet broadband.. i subsribed at least twice.. first time i have so much issues with the line.. 2nd time i have alot of issues also, but the technician didn't blame the line ..

they are cheap, but those underground lines are really old.. and they won't want to replace them..

i dont think the line belong to them, it belongs to government. they are just the operator. Just like the train tracks, it belong to LTA but SMRT operate it.

correct me if i'm wrong.

just to share with you, if you are accessing data through telephone lines,

due to the very high frequency and short wavelength of the signals, the inductances in the phone lines become quite serious (non trivial) and the whole line acts as a low-pass filter...causing signal to be very weak ... (Telco Engineering)

anyway, i am not a Singtel fan even from the start of singtel ... stink tel

anyway, i am not a Singtel fan even from the start of singtel ... stink tel

Well, I was there in singnet long time ago. Got some colleague with super standard response: Can you restart your PC and call us back?
Of course the next guy will kena scolded coz no troubleshooting, only ask to restart PC.

Now come the best part: due to the number of calls handled in such manner, that person was named tech support of the year.

There hasn't been a single singnet/singtel acct under my name for the last 5 years.

You are unusually patient and tolerant of such constant breakdowns of TV signal and Internet connection.

Expected MIO to have technical issues (and worse, serious lack of TV programming content) and stayed far away from it.

Last edited:
my FIL side forever connection issue .