5 Technologies We Want (but won't get)

more like what the writer want.....i am not going to pay more $$ for these useless wants......

voice command? I will never use it as it is freaking easy to change to the settings i want on my camera.

Focus confirmation? Not everyone uses liveview especially since using live view results in less stable holding of camera. Focus confirmation for what he recommend on still subject? I might as well just take a photo first and zoom in to check focusing, can take again if required since it is still subject.... Non still subject? In the first place, you will already not have much time to confirm on exact focus,just take the fleeting moment shot first

exposure to the right? Why is that even important? I rather exposure to the left to get a faster shutter speed and retain more details.

Compatibility with tablet outfield LCD? The writer is so outdated, there are already such specialized outfield LCD available in the market today for bout $300

Fireemblem said:
more like what the writer want.....i am not going to pay more $$ for these useless wants......

Nikon apparently just filed a patent where the camera and lens senses your biometric readings then adjust the camera setting "intelligently". May make it into their upcoming releases wor.

I want a technology that could reproduce the dynamic range of the human eye and a method to produce usable ultra fast lenses (not f/2.8s. something bigger/same as f0.95) at low costs.

Just saying.

Nikon apparently just filed a patent where the camera and lens senses your biometric readings then adjust the camera setting "intelligently". May make it into their upcoming releases wor.

that sounds seriously retarded....

What i only really need is Dynamic range, not these stupid moronic wants.....

Give me 18 stops dynamic range any day over these.

tehzeh said:
I want a technology that could reproduce the dynamic range of the human eye and a method to produce usable ultra fast lenses (not f/2.8s. something bigger/same as f0.95) at low costs.

Just saying.

If you are Canon or Nikon, would you sell your customer a camera that is so good that no one will ever need to upgrade for the next 100 years? Suicide right?

If you are Canon or Nikon, would you sell your customer a camera that is so good that no one will ever need to upgrade for the next 100 years? Suicide right?
If Canon or Nikon is not doing it, somebody else will do and C&N will follow. Whatever is available and sell-able will appear in the market sooner or later. And since certain things cannot be updated by software there are always selling points for future cameras.

What biometric stuff do they read out? Is it the revival of eye controlled focusing as we had it in Canon EOS5 and others?

If Canon or Nikon is not doing it, somebody else will do and C&N will follow. Whatever is available and sell-able will appear in the market sooner or later. And since certain things cannot be updated by software there are always selling points for future cameras.

Not if you have a closed system and a captive market that is not elastic.

Do we have one? With 2 old players and some aggressive newcomers / returners; multiple technical solutions and various formats?

lol nothing can be a closed system. Dun think so highly of Nikon and Canon that they will forever be the closed system. Stay in their comfort zone and see other players over take them.

Just saying.

Isn't that what we want, but won't get? :D

Can I have a built-in navigational app that has the maps of all the countries? Save my trouble of finding my way to the hotel. =)

In the end..it all boil down to the money..
So If they really made something you want. Can you afford it? If can..Do u think its worth the price?
Second..Sometimes they can just include this and that.. because most people think its useful..but on other hand. Some dont understand why must that function be included and now i have to pay more because i dont use that. But i like its other function.. eg (Video function).

Its hard on the both sides.