5 Lighting Effects using Adobe Photoshop for Digital Photographers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianslide

Sep 11, 2005
www.decalbandit.com
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to start-up a Lighting Effect Photoshop course for all Photographers. All photographers know that light and shade are essentials to good photography, but with enhanced skills from photoshop, new shadings can be added after your photograph has been taken.

Lighting is crucial ingredient to any image's mood. This course teaches 5 different lightings effects that can be added to your photographs:

A) Spot-on - From a flat cluttered elemented shot, we can have a striking, focused spot-on lighting effect on selected objects creating an image separating foreground & background.

B) "Fake" a multi-light set-up - Turn a simple one lamp shot image into three or more.

C) Sunset - Change a flat sunny afternoon landscape image which lacks mood to a soft evening light and pleasing image.

D) Ray of Sunlight - Bring your pictures to life by introducing rays of light, creating illusions of the sun shinning through a window giving the final image a much more evocative atomsphere.

E) Atmospheric Sky - In no time at all, you can changes the overall mood of your image from sunny skies that create an uplifting feeling to heavy, dark skies that gives a sense of forboding.

Some background info of both facilitaotr: Art Director in fashion advertising industry, received their formal training in arts, grahic design and multimedia from Nayang Academy of Fine Arts. Been using Photoshop on a daily basis for the past 9 years and works with numerous photographers like geoff ang, leslie kee, mark law, wee khim...etc...

Pre-requisites: Has experience using Photoshop and who needs to extend his/her knowledge of this powerful programme with enhanced lighting effects.

Duration: 2 sessions x 2 hrs

Introductory price: $120 per person

Venue: International Plaza
Venue and time is subjected to the availability of classrooms, and may change.
Desktop Computers or Laptop will be provided. Subjected to availability.

Time: Weekdays 7pm to 9pm.

Students are recommanded to bring their own laptops with Photoshop CS installed. For those without the software, please download a 30-day trial versions of Photoshop for Windows and Mac OS are available at www.adobe.com/downloads.

Images will be provided in the duration of course.

P.S: As i am not eligible to post any attachments, please email me to send you 5 sample images of what the course have to offer. Please state "5 sample images" in subject header. Thanks.

Registration & Payment: Please email ame@decalbandit.com, providing your name, email address and contact no. and which 2 weekdays you will be available. Do let us know whether you bringing your laptop.

A small deposit $30 is required to secure a place in the course. The remaining amount will be collected at the first lesson. The payment method for the deposit will be provided upon confirmation of registration.

can post some photos based on the course outline to show us what we can achieved at the end of the module

Hi Guys,

As im not eigible to post any images yet... here's a link to my simple online portfolio, http://www.coroflot.com/ianslide

please click folder named "PHOTOSHOP SAMPLES" on the top right to see all 5 effect lightling samples for the training. ;)

your site can't work

sorri the link works now

I absolutely love the work you did for CCUP! :)

Thanks thanks... it took quite a while to get all the DI done up plus the shoot was tiring as well...but it was well worth it.. for a good friend who started the online cupcake store. ;)

More direct url links to all 5 effect photoshop samples for the course with before & after images. :)

A) Spot-on - From a flat cluttered elemented shot, we can have a striking, focused spot-on lighting effect on selected objects creating an image separating foreground & background.

individual_file.asp

B) "Fake" a multi-light set-up - Turn a simple one lamp shot image into three or more.

individual_file.asp

C) Sunset - Change a flat sunny afternoon landscape image which lacks mood to a soft evening light and pleasing image.

individual_file.asp

D) Ray of Sunlight - Bring your pictures to life by introducing rays of light, creating illusions of the sun shinning through a window giving the final image a much more evocative atomsphere.

individual_file.asp

E) Atmospheric Sky - In no time at all, you can changes the overall mood of your image from sunny skies that create an uplifting feeling to heavy, dark skies that gives a sense of forboding.

individual_file.asp

Hi guys,

Here's are the 2 options time-slot for this week small group for 5 Lighting Effects Photoshop course. 1 session x 2hrs.

A) 2 sessions in 2 days - 09 Nov (Thurs) & 10 Nov (Fri) 7pm to 9pm

B) 2 sessions in 1 day - 11 Nov (Sat) 10am to 12noon & 1pm to 3pm.
(12pm to 1pm for lunch)

* Please let me know whether you have your own laptop, if not, i can arrange. Limit to availablitiy

Course fee: $120 per person.
Materials & images will be provided during course.

Time-slot (A):
1) Reserved.
2)
3)
4)

Time-slot (B):
1) Reserved.
2)
3)
4)

Course will start with min. 2 person. Please email ame@decalbandit.com for registration. Thanks.

A) 2 sessions in 2 days - 09 Nov (Thurs) & 10 Nov (Fri) 7pm to 9pm

B) 2 sessions in 1 day - 11 Nov (Sat) 10am to 12noon & 1pm to 3pm.
(12pm to 1pm for lunch)

* Please let me know whether you have your own laptop, if not, i can arrange. Limit to availablitiy

Course fee: $120 per person.
Materials & images will be provided during course.

Time-slot (A):
1) Taken.
2) Taken.
3) Taken.
4) Taken.

Time-slot (B):
1) Reserved.
2)
3)
4)

Anyone interested in time-slot B for this week, please email ame@decalbandit.com. If these time-slots are unavailable for you. Please contact me so that i can arrange. Thanks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.