4R vs Super 4R

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtummy

Jan 28, 2005
Hi guys.

A person once told me that there is a differene between 4R and super 4R. 4R will cut away some height while super 4R will retain the original pictures taken from a DSLR.

Can anyone verify how true this thing goes?

it's called 4RDSC.

after shooting from camera, straight to the shop and sent for printing.
no cut away of photos of top and bottom.

unless you crop your photos before sending in. you can print 4R.
it's 5cts more then 4R.

but one thing no good, very hard to find photo album for 4RDSC.
unless you use those paste-on album or get a small slot in album for the super4R size

Aiyo Merc, u backdated liao lar! :bsmilie: Nowadays if u go to those shops that develops the super 4R size already can buy the albums easily but the ones that I develop costs 50 cents per piece and dun quite like the size. Cos find it very "fake". :nono: Just my opinion.

4R ratio is 3:2, the same as most dSLRs and film. 4RDSC would be the digicams and the 4/3 dSLRs. (So far, only Olympus.)

so it's the same like 8R, with 4:3 ratio?

sorry, need to clarify something... so those small digiCam with pixels like 1024x768 needs S4R while those big bulky DSLR with pixels like 3008x2000 which is not like our computer resolution only needs 4R?

bigtummy said:
sorry, need to clarify something... so those small digiCam with pixels like 1024x768 needs S4R while those big bulky DSLR with pixels like 3008x2000 which is not like our computer resolution only needs 4R?
it depends on ur cam wat it takes, 4/3 or 3/2, in fact my way is to crop myself to 3/2 always.

chickencurry

those albums are those small type one.
i also know, $2.30 per album

what i want is those big album. you know where got sell?

btw, i develop only 35cents. fuji paper

bigtummy said:

Depends on what we call the aspect ratio of the image.

Most consumer P&S digicams uses the 4:3 aspect ratio, also the same aspect ratio used on computer monitors. The pixel dimensions of the image (approximately) reduces to a fraction of 4/3.

Such images print on S4R/4RDSC without any cropping.

Most DSLRs, on the other hand, retains the original aspect ratio of 35mm films, i.e. 3:2. The pixel dimensions of the image reduces to a fraction of 3/2.

Try printing 4:3 images on 4R (4"x6") or S8R (8"x12") will require cropping of the image on the top and/or bottom, and the lab operator takes care of the cropping for you most of the time.

Sorry Merc, I neber seen those big albums for the super 4R photos. Will keep a lookout for u.

I thought when you develop s4R, they will give you free album that fits your S4R or 4R with white borders?

I have seen the bigger albums that can hold the Super 4R photos at Colorlab(Adelphi Building - White building opp funan)

I think 300 photos. Selling for abt $30+........

The only thing is.....I've been looking for photo frames that can fit the Super 4R photos. (6" x 4.5")

Pls let me know if you guys have seen any.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.