4R Digital Print size

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandz

Dec 3, 2004
Hi guys,

a few questions...

My current digital photos are in size: 1600 x 1200.

I've read that this size is not suitable for 4R prints as it's not in 3:2 ratio.

can i print them out in 4RDSC prints to avoid my photos being cropped?

Do the shops charge extra for 4RDSC sizes?

Does anyone know if E-Colour at Balestier have this option?

Tell the shop u want to print in 4R Digital.
that'll come w/o cropping. :)

Most Decent honest shops shouldn't charge u more for it.

just ensure that the ratio for the file matches that for the print.. crop if necessary

i;m sorry to hijack ya thread mandz but i believe they are addressing to the same concern, hope u dun mind..

The default resolution of my photos in Photoshop is 180PPI and the image size by default is 2048 by 3072 which equates to 2/3 or 0.6666666..

If i were to change the resolution to 300PPI, the image size will be automatically changed to 3413 by 5120 which equates to 0.666601562.
Since it is not exactly in the 2/3 format, will i face any problem to print them in 4R size in photolabs?

alankuik said:
Tell the shop u want to print in 4R Digital.
that'll come w/o cropping. :)

Most Decent honest shops shouldn't charge u more for it.

4R Digital size is bigger than normal 4R size ? Thanks

i'm also thinking to print in 4R digital as when taking photos, my subjects fill up most of the screen, hence no room left to crop. in my opinion, i think 4R digital is bigger than 4R.

is there any photo albums for 4R digital and where to get them?

thanks

bert said:
i'm also thinking to print in 4R digital as when taking photos, my subjects fill up most of the screen, hence no room left to crop. in my opinion, i think 4R digital is bigger than 4R.

is there any photo albums for 4R digital and where to get them?

thanks

4R digital is bigger than 4R. 4R digital is 4.5" x 6". 4R is 4 x 6".

Check it out at http://www.mydigilab.com/onlinephoto/newstuff/digital4r.htm

Printed my photo there, not bad quality. only complaint is that the payment mode, near to do via credit card, SGD converted to USD.

ML

I think many shops already have 4R digital printing but I still prefer to print mine in normal 4R print. Recently, the special photo albums have just came out.

Printed some photos in the Fujifilm shop in Jurong Point and the photos came out with very nice colours but costly at $0.50 per piece. The shop in Chinatown think it is Standard Photo they are selling the album for 4R digital photos at $2.30 per pc.

Now I learn to focus my photos properly so that the subject don't get "chopped" when I print it in normal 4R print. I have been printing my digital photos at $0.25 per pc and best of all no minimum number of copies & no handling fee. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.