[4K Video] Fujifilm X-E3 200mm vs Lumix GF10W 100mm which is better?

supergal

Nov 3, 2011
Just bought the Lumix GF10W, haven’t test on it but heard that Fujifilm X-E3 is better for concert video? please advice so that I might able to do a exchange if X-E3 is better in video Quality?

Fyi xe3 is apsc sensor that is bigger than gf10 m43 sensor but when it comes to video performance you have to read reviews and place your bets. Look at auto focus during video between the two .xe3 has evf (electronic viewfinder) whereas gf10 does not. So decide wisely.

https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2018/01/23/fujifilm-x-e3-field-test-part-ii

Fyi xe3 is apsc sensor that is bigger than gf10 m43 sensor but when it comes to video performance you have to read reviews and place your bets. Look at auto focus during video between the two .xe3 has evf (electronic viewfinder) whereas gf10 does not. So decide wisely.

https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2018/01/23/fujifilm-x-e3-field-test-part-ii

Oh.. that’s quite difficult to choose between them. Maybe just gotta try using this gf10

Several factors will determine how your concert footage turn out. If you are shooting from the back of a concert hall, the GF10 poor AF may not matter at all because the long object distance will afford you sufficiently deep DOF to just focus manually once and forget about the it. The second factor is lighting. If the stage is very well-lit, both cameras will perform well.

However, if you are just at the foot of the stage and the lighting is insufficient, I will prefer to have the Fuji over the Lumix.

Last edited:
Several factors will determine how your concert footage turn out. If you are shooting from the back of a concert hall, the GF10 poor AF may not matter at all because the long object distance will afford you sufficiently deep DOF to just focus manually once and forget about the it. The second factor is lighting. If the stage is very well-lit, both cameras will perform well.

However, if you are just at the foot of the stage and the lighting is insufficient, I will prefer to have the Fuji over the Lumix.

I am at the front of the hall having my guys to perform.

You can mitigate against the GF10's lack of video AF by placing the camera in the center of the stage, using a very wide angle or fish eye lens and stopping down the aperture.
wow.. i got to try learn that ..