450d Vs 40d

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongwei82

Oct 5, 2006
Singapore
Been thinking abt getting my first DSLR. But cant decide whether to take 450D or 40D. Budget wise i think i dun mind to fork out a few hundred dollars more for 40D but just what makes the price difference for both cam?

Gurus here pls advise...:dunno:

much more solid build quality from the 40D...the 450D is light, but also plasticky and a little more fragile.

40D will have been designed to be more reliable, higher shutter life, etc.

also, you get better AF module, faster, professional quality electronics and feel.

Of course 40D is not a full-fledged "pro" body, but its used by many pros as its generally good enough for that, while the 450D is a light "consumer" level kinda thing, but nontheless good picture quality.

U also get slightly better resale value with a higher end model.

I would take the 40D, but if you are new to DSLR then i find that the 450d would be slightly easier to use. but you may find yourself wanting to upgrade soon, so 40d is better. and 450d is small, so unless you have small hands, it may be uncomfortable to hold it for too long:D

Since it's your first dSLR, i suggest that you go with the Canon EOS 450D. Get your basics right, practice and then see what you need then to suit your style of photography. In addition to that, you will save some money for your next lens like maybe the cheap and good 50mm f1.8 / 55-250mm IS lens or any other gear that you need or feel that it suits your style of photography. Yeah, that's it.

Hmm..been using and trying out my friend 400D but i juz dun find it satisfying me..haha. Thou is my 1st dSLR but i've been using other models and learning for quite sometime..but stil very noob lah...:sweatsm:

To me i prefer 40D body with the top panel and the rd dial at the back tat makes it more easier for fast aperture change. Compared to 450D is the same as 400D where u need to press the exposure compensation button and turn the front dial.

Just wondering abt the price difference. The few hundred dollars more for a better body and faster shutter speed and higher ISO i guess. But both using the same processor rite? Digi 3? Still no conclusion on dpreview for 450D.

Hmm..been using and trying out my friend 400D but i juz dun find it satisfying me..haha. Thou is my 1st dSLR but i've been using other models and learning for quite sometime..but stil very noob lah...:sweatsm:

To me i prefer 40D body with the top panel and the rd dial at the back tat makes it more easier for fast aperture change. Compared to 450D is the same as 400D where u need to press the exposure compensation button and turn the front dial.

Just wondering abt the price difference. The few hundred dollars more for a better body and faster shutter speed and higher ISO i guess. But both using the same processor rite? Digi 3? Still no conclusion on dpreview for 450D.

U already know what U want inside. 40D.

Status
Not open for further replies.