450D to 40D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleanor15

Mar 17, 2009
I currently own a 450D.. thought of upgrading it to 40D cuz someone is offering to sell it to me.. Wats ur advice on this.. Will i get a better picture quality from 40D wf the current lens tt Im using? which is 17-85mm...besides I dnt really quite know wat is a semi frame and full frame camera? is 40D a full frame?

I currently own a 450D.. thought of upgrading it to 40D cuz someone is offering to sell it to me.. Wats ur advice on this.. Will i get a better picture quality from 40D wf the current lens tt Im using? which is 17-85mm...besides I dnt really quite know wat is a semi frame and full frame camera? is 40D a full frame?

The age old question to ask yourself, is the 450D already sufficient for your shooting needs? Anyway, the 40D is a 1.6x crop just like your 450D.

Unless you need faster auto focus speed, or faster frame rate for continous shooting.

If you are shooting events like weddings and sports, is like night and day in the shooting speed. Quality-wise depends on technique and if your lens is a good copy.

any particular reason why you want to upgrade to 40D?

Last edited:
Maybe the TS can try getting a battery grip for the 450D, it would improve the handling of the camera. I have chose the 450D over 40D mainly because of it light weight (when needed) and improved handling (when using the BG). :thumbsup:

Im using it for events like birthdays n weddings..wanted to hv better pic quality.. is 17-85mm lens enough for such events?

Best is to have EFS 10-22mm for event shooting. 17mm might not be wide enough.

Im using it for events like birthdays n weddings..wanted to hv better pic quality.. is 17-85mm lens enough for such events?

if for event shooting, the 40D does good noise control on high ISO settings. very handy if u want to capture moments without flash..

i moved on from the 450D to a 40D because of the chunkier feel(my hands big la).. and the shutter sound(less noisy?).. and the high /ISO.. and the higher fps for burst shooting..

at the end of the day.. still up to u!

Last edited:

"Enough" is very subjective to individuals. Perhaps the following questions may help you:

1) Do you anticipate huge group photo? What would do if you face one challenge like in a constraint area where a huge group photo is needed?

2) Do you actively organize delibrate shoots or choose to shoot at a distance? What are the feels you like to achieve in those pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.