450D or D90

Status
Not open for further replies.
either one is good... haha

it's the person behind the lens matter than to which piece of hi-tech stuff

Click~

i went to cathay photo today to do a recee. between the d450 and d90, the salesman said that d90 is a better choice. he commented that 450d is a entry level but d90 is above entry level. but anyway, i was testing their models feel that the nikon cam feels a little plastic-ish. maybe its because my friend lent me his 350d thats why im kinda more swayyed towards the canon side. also, the canon lense tangibly feels more solid (i might be wrong) and yes, i do agree about the peer support thing.

i figured that 50d is over my budget. but i like the 18-105mm range kit lense for the d90. is there any way i can get the 450d with an equavalent range of 18-105mm for canon?

No need for upzzz. All your answers can be found in this thread, or on other forum threads. Please try a search instead of HWZ-style spoonfeeding.

i went to cathay photo today to do a recee. between the d450 and d90, the salesman said that d90 is a better choice. he commented that 450d is a entry level but d90 is above entry level. but anyway, i was testing their models feel that the nikon cam feels a little plastic-ish. maybe its because my friend lent me his 350d thats why im kinda more swayyed towards the canon side. also, the canon lense tangibly feels more solid (i might be wrong) and yes, i do agree about the peer support thing.

i figured that 50d is over my budget. but i like the 18-105mm range kit lense for the d90. is there any way i can get the 450d with an equavalent range of 18-105mm for canon?

Yup.. don't need to upzz. ;p No replies can sometimes mean that people are sleeping or there's nothing more to add.

I think you're more or less leaning towards Canon already, so why not just go for it. Canon just released an 18-200. If Canon doesn't have a lens in the 18-105 range, there is always Tamron and Sigma, and maybe Tokina.

Don't invest too much first until you are sure you are going to continue with the system so you won't lose too much in case at a later point in time you decided that it's not for you and you want to switch system. Every system has their own quirks and it's just a matter of whether you're able to live with it.

If you compare D700 to A900, buy A900.
If you compare A900 to Hasselblad, get Hasselblad.

It just goes on and on and on...

Ha ha good one...

You check one of the posting (cannot remember the url) on the subsequent conclusion...

If you compare Canon G10 to Hasselblad, get G10!!!

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i'm deciding between the two models also and decided to go for D90. better and more solid feel. new model with video capability

The answer is obvious.....:)

i'm deciding between the two models also and decided to go for D90. better and more solid feel. new model with video capability

Go for D90 if u have the budget! Good stuff :)

Go for D90 is better if you can afford it and the grip feels comfortable

you know what, you won't go wrong with either camera for portraits. both brands have zoom lenses, and you can get sigma or tokina alternatives for both as well. i'd go for the 50mm f/1.8 (whichever brand), large aperture, cheap n sharp - but that depends on whether it fits the kind of portraits you wanna do.

i vote D90

Status
Not open for further replies.