450D+ kit lens - what to get for macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junjie90

May 14, 2005
as above...
I'm planning to get a 450D with kit lens but just wondering what else is needed for macro photography..
is the kit lens sufficient for city landscape photography?
Thanks in advance

as above...
I'm planning to get a 450D with kit lens but just wondering what else is needed for macro photography..
is the kit lens sufficient for city landscape photography?
Thanks in advance

Start using what you have first... no point catching the BBB virus so soon.... :bsmilie:

the kit lens is fine for landscape.
if u are interested in doing macro, and won't want to spend the $$ on a delicated macro lens, eg. Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro

You can consider either getting a closeup filter (+1/+2/+3/+4), or a closeup lens (Raynox 250)
another alternative would be to get an extension tube (with eletrical contacts)
The above mentioned can be used to add onto your kit lens.

Raynox DCR-250 will be a good choice to start macro with your kit lens.

1.) It is relatively inexpensive.
2.) Small and light. Easy to carry around.
3.) Image quality is good.
4.) No circuitry to breakdown.
5.) The adapter fits a variety of lenses. Good for potentially another lens you might get in future and also easier to sell if you find you don't like macro.

Do consider it.

In case you will ask about how the IQ is like. This is what I shot last night with it attached onto a 50mm. Acceptable?

3150436615_212e158b2d_o.jpg

5.) The adapter fits a variety of lenses. Good for potentially another lens you might get in future and also easier to sell if you find you don't like macro.

Do consider it.

In case you will ask about how the IQ is like. This is what I shot last night with it attached onto a 50mm. Acceptable?

Nice.. :)

Do consider it.

@parampita
I just brought the Canon 100mm but your shot is much closer and sharper than mine.
Can I still at this Raynox DCR-250 on to my lens or please teach me how to get this result with my present 100mm.

Thanks a million
Happy New Year.
Peter

Hi Peter, not true. I have the 100mm macro too. It is as sharp as any lens. I would suggest you try to practice on your vanilla 100mm first, cos once u add the Raynox onto it, the DoF will be a challenge to handle.

@parampita
I just brought the Canon 100mm but your shot is much closer and sharper than mine.
Can I still at this Raynox DCR-250 on to my lens or please teach me how to get this result with my present 100mm.

Thanks a million
Happy New Year.
Peter

how much is this Raynox DCR-250?

Hi Peter, not true. I have the 100mm macro too. It is as sharp as any lens. I would suggest you try to practice on your vanilla 100mm first, cos once u add the Raynox onto it, the DoF will be a challenge to handle.

Dear Parampita,
Thank you for your advise, I will try again at SBG next tuesday again.
Hope to it well.

Thank you again and wish you and family a prosperous 2009.

Cheers!!!
Peter

Dear Parampita,
Thank you for your advise, I will try again at SBG next tuesday again.
Hope to it well.

Thank you again and wish you and family a prosperous 2009.

Cheers!!!
Peter

Use of my 'Canon 100mm Macro lens,I tried again and again until I got these. Anyone, please comments to helpme improve my Macro shooting with thankyou.

3159920694_d1c88535b2.jpg

3159920958_f69c46a44b.jpg

Last edited:
Try to focus on the eyes. In your shot, the legs are so much sharper but the eyes kinda oof.

Composition. Dun see much of the hoppe here. Generally dun shoot from the butt unless you have a compelling reason to do so.

@parampita

Thankyou so much for your guide.
Thanks again

Do consider it.

I took this with just a D90 + 105mm kit lens (and it was blowing around in the wind).
How will a Raynox DCR-250 help me? Will the object look 2.5x bigger?

I took this at the closest range the lens would allow me (45cm)?

3206047668_2da3e498f2_o.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.