450d and 550d which is better ?

Rexcheng

Apr 7, 2010
anyone ?

if you dont know how to use, 300D also very good already....

there are so much improvement from 450D to 550d, one major different is 550d c/w video recording...

go google and ask yourself what you want

The really good thing about 450D against 550D is the price. LOL

Answering your question:

550D better!

Hi, All know which is better

Ever considered the 500D?

Whichever matches your needs is the better one. Choose wisely!

Any brand/model does not matter. It is all depend on the photographer

totally agreed. but then smarter cameras can make up for the lack of skill.

none. nikon is better.

OT a bit: so at the end you land on Nikon ;)

To TS: check DPreview.
Then ask if you want video recoding.
And the price different

Buy the 450D if your a noob in any type of photography, be it film or digital. Only buy the 550D if you know cinematography or wanna play with video.

P.S: If you a noob. Dont go out there and buy the "better" camera. It wont do you no good in sharpening photographic skills. Its a common thing in rich ********* for people to but "better" cams, or upgrade really quickly from entry level to FF or what have you... (if these people did photography back in the 90s.... even a 300D would be SMOKIN AWESOME for them!

lol yes bro. the first DSLR i used was a d300 for my internship 2 yrs back. wanted to get a d90 last yr, somehow i ended up with canon 50D. oh well...wasted money. but now d90's price is real low. $1477 w/ 18-105 kit. like....WOW. the spare batt is $49, battery grip $188 and the 35mm f/1.8 was on offer...so i cldn't resist it. SIGHS. super broke now. anyway my shooting buddies are both Nikon users. well, at least now i can tell ppl the diff between canon and nikon from my own experiences. lol!

lol yes bro. the first DSLR i used was a d300 for my internship 2 yrs back. wanted to get a d90 last yr, somehow i ended up with canon 50D. oh well...wasted money. but now d90's price is real low. $1477 w/ 18-105 kit. like....WOW. the spare batt is $49, battery grip $188 and the 35mm f/1.8 was on offer...so i cldn't resist it. SIGHS. super broke now. anyway my shooting buddies are both Nikon users. well, at least now i can tell ppl the diff between canon and nikon from my own experiences. lol!

Bro auden09...the D90 is a very good cam! I was going to go for it but Canon released the 550D. I never had experience with any DSLR but i did do FILM photography and Cinematography which brings the reason for buying an "entry level" DSLR the 550D and for the video capabilities. Using an entry level would make you sharpen basic skills 1st... then move on to something more complicated later... rather than complicated 1st.... just my thought bro! Congrats on your D90...(i really so wanted that cam...but too bad video aint good)

lol...wah u must be quite pro. film is tough!!! ya 550d is a good multimedia cam. but d90 is more photographer, less videographer. im trained in both, more to video actually from my studies. i love them both, but the nikon feels most comfortable in my hands. and the functions...are pretty valuable to me. much more impt is their DX lenses. unlike canon, i dun think they produce crap like 18-135. crap that costs a bomb especially. nikon has its downsides, but from wad i see...canon cameras are engineered by scientists, while nikon cams are produced by photographers. scientists are very smart, they can make wonderful techie stuff, but they just dunno wad photographers want. i prefer how nikon works. thats juz me.

I totally don't get this thread. The 550D is 2 iterations after 450D, how can it be worse off??

Forget all the comparisons, the 450D may be cheaper, but it certainly can't be better....:dunno:

The question should be 450D and 550D, which is better for <fill in the blank here>. Or are you asking which is the better camera? Does the cost come into consideration?

LOL. yeah true. aiya get 550D, u will never go wrong with the latest body.