Status
Not open for further replies.

mivecdohc

Feb 21, 2008
Sunny(rainy) singapore
This shot was taken in the zoo. Enclosed in their small enclosures, tiny little world, these animals seemingly tend to go in circles. Visitors, cameras, don't bother them. Nothing more than a routine for them to past time haha

Funny how they keep moving around in the same route, so i took the time to pan this fox;p

settings used:
f/4.5
shutter speed 1/20
lens used: nikkor 18-70mm

128c20aa.jpg

Hope to improve my photography! :sweatsm: Thanks!

Last edited:
This shot is quite well taken, the fox is fairly clear and the panning was just right:thumbsup:

i think panning at 1/20 is a little too low.
try a shutter speed around 1/40? might be sharper

This shot was taken in the zoo. Enclosed in their small enclosures, tiny little world, these animals seemingly tend to go in circles. Visitors, cameras, don't bother them. Nothing more than a routine for them to past time haha

Funny how they keep moving around in the same route, so i took the time to pan this fox;p

settings used:
f/4.5
shutter speed 1/20
lens used: nikkor 18-70mm

128c20aa.jpg

Hope to improve my photography! :sweatsm: Thanks!

They lack the stimulant and are stressed by the visitors (pretty much is like what a stressed fish do in fish tank - moving up and down at a corner). There is a debate on whether this behaviour is a sign that the animal is losing its sanity, just like what will happen to a man if he is confided in a small space without stimulants for a long period of time. As expected....animal rights people said that animal is going crazy...zoo people said that the animal is 'exercising' to work off their 'extra' energy

Last edited:
oh dear poor thing. the fox is beautiful and the colours are yummy. i like how the greens are forming impressionistic brush strokes like!

good attempt ya. me claps. wonder how you could show it going round in circles? poor thing. we're mean.

It's not a fox isn't it? Isn't it the Red Maned Wolf?

i like the textures the fur and motion blurred grass create. :) looks really painterly.

I see liao headache.. Too blurred...

I like it. The blur conveys motion.. the colors of the fox contrast well with the green grass. Should print it out big big. Will be super nice if the eyes is sharp..

I like it. The blur conveys motion.. the colors of the fox contrast well with the green grass. Should print it out big big. Will be super nice if the eyes is sharp..

I did tried printing it out, was disappointed with how yellowish it came out. Is this because of the photo shop's printer because it seems fine on screen

nice shot.. just curious.. will it be better if less green? ;)

I did tried printing it out, was disappointed with how yellowish it came out. Is this because of the photo shop's printer because it seems fine on screen

Ya.. I think most likely due to the monitor/printer callibration. Maybe can try to print at those shops famous for printing?

Ya.. I think most likely due to the monitor/printer callibration. Maybe can try to print at those shops famous for printing?

Will try it out next time, got some promotion. But i would have to gather some 50 photos or so;p

Technically, this is a very good picture, with lush color, strong contrast, I like it.

However, because of the panning, and the background and foreground are so close to the subject, the perspective is all wrong. I don't feel the sense of movement because the foliage and the fox are traveling in the same direction.

What exactly are you trying to convey? The fox waling in circles? What is it?

Technically, this is a very good picture, with lush color, strong contrast, I like it.

However, because of the panning, and the background and foreground are so close to the subject, the perspective is all wrong. I don't feel the sense of movement because the foliage and the fox are traveling in the same direction.

What exactly are you trying to convey? The fox waling in circles? What is it?

I guess i was trying to show how they long for freedom. I dont think its really strong in this photo haha. Thanks a lot for the comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.