Status
Not open for further replies.

eloera

Nov 18, 2006
yewtee.
e-epiphany.blogspot.com
i was sitting at the back seat when i shot this. My parents have been married for a long time , and still , it's like a love-hate relationship of a young relationship. They dont talk much these days , but dad picks mum up from work every single day.

DSC_0772-1.jpg

爱与等待.

Ya... Try to get rid of the hue there and increase your contrast for this shot.. n wala~

Ya... Try to get rid of the hue there and increase your contrast for this shot.. n wala~

lol.. i actually decrease the contrast as i wanted this picture to be softer. By increasing the contrast, i will darken the colours of my dad's face and it will not blend as well to the sky!;)

Yea.. your shot looks soft.. Not sharp.. Thats my own preference...

Maybe u should have taken the shot abit further back, show ur dad standing/leaning against the truck so that it would look more like he is waiting;p

i was sitting at the back seat when i shot this. My parents have been married for a long time , and still , it's like a love-hate relationship of a young relationship. They dont talk much these days , but dad picks mum up from work every single day.

爱与等待.
what you want to tell people, does no show in this photo.

Uh huh, it doesn't show.
cheguthamrin, I think catchlights meant it 'does not show in this photo'.

Maybe as part of a series it'll work better. A lack of context is the issue, aside from technicalities. Sad though, I share his pain.

Maybe u should have taken the shot abit further back, show ur dad standing/leaning against the truck so that it would look more like he is waiting;p

yeaps, i will love to too. but my dad is camera shy. and if i actually got out of the car to take this shot , he would have known.
:(

haha. but i do get what you mean.

what you want to tell people, does no show in this photo.

i think showing more of his body ,or his body language can transmit the message further.
but i think when it comes to people portraiture, especially those of candid/natural, and you cant control their body poses, but rather feel it from their eyes and mood of the picture. and in this picture, maybe because i understand and know my dad , it speaks even more to me. :)

and in this particular picture, space constraint is my limitation . i was in the back seat looking up at my dad .:(

Maybe as part of a series it'll work better. A lack of context is the issue, aside from technicalities. Sad though, I share his pain.

:embrass:

marriage is a tough road,and i think what makes it worse is when both gives up even on communiciation, which is pretty much the only way things out.:(

Uh huh, it doesn't show.
cheguthamrin, I think catchlights meant it 'does not show in this photo'.
Am not referring to catchlights la..

I dont know the title, dont know the message, it doesnt sum up for the general audience.
I cant relate to anything.

Alamak, you quoted catchlights what.

Alamak, you quoted catchlights what.
Apologies, I meant that I agreed with him, that I catch no balls about this thread.

A write up, is not an expression of feelings, or like a composition writing, elaborated story telling; please use the guidelines given; read up more examples, and start taking photos with someone who knowledgeable about this stuffs who can pin point and impart some skills.

I believe we are all here to help each other, but we have to help ourselves first with the basics, right?

usually, I don't comment much about technical aspects on photos post in Critique Corner, for that, you can get it else where.

I will pay more attention on the "content" of the photo, the subject, the message, the story etc..

You do have a story, but the photo you show here, does not carry, portray, or illustrate what you want to tell people, this is what I meant in my initial post.

You can have a technically perfect, nice composition, well processed photo, but photo without, or can't tell a message, it is still a snap shot.

You need to link all the key elements in your story into the photo, if you can't, than use a series of photos, to tell people about the relationship between all the elements in your photo........like....

You can take a long shot of your dad standing beside the pick up....

You can take a long shot of your mum walking towards your dad....

you can take a shot of your dad in foreground and when your mum walking towards him....

you can take a shot of your mum in foreground and when she is walking towards your dad....

usually, I don't comment much about technical aspects on photos post in Critique Corner, for that, you can get it else where.

I will pay more attention on the "content" of the photo, the subject, the message, the story etc..

You do have a story, but the photo you show here, does not carry, portray, or illustrate what you want to tell people, this is what I meant in my initial post.

You can have a technically perfect, nice composition, well processed photo, but photo without, or can't tell a message, it is still a snap shot.

You need to link all the key elements in your story into the photo, if you can't, than use a series of photos, to tell people about the relationship between all the elements in your photo........like....

You can take a long shot of your dad standing beside the pick up....

You can take a long shot of your mum walking towards your dad....

you can take a shot of your dad in foreground and when your mum walking towards him....

you can take a shot of your mum in foreground and when she is walking towards your dad....

*CLAP* *CLAP* Well said..

i think showing more of his body ,or his body language can transmit the message further.
but i think when it comes to people portraiture, especially those of candid/natural, and you cant control their body poses, but rather feel it from their eyes and mood of the picture. and in this picture, maybe because i understand and know my dad , it speaks even more to me. :)

and in this particular picture, space constraint is my limitation . i was in the back seat looking up at my dad .:(

It seems to me you starting to get defensive? Open up and take in suggestions and learn those which you think are good... Now you look more like you are closing your doors to others..

Status
Not open for further replies.