430EX II SpeedLight question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulla

Sep 22, 2009
Singapore
Hi fellow CS members,
i have read some review on 270EX and its stead that it is good for focal 50mm and below... but got not much information on 430EX II is it true that 430EX II emits stronger flashes thus increase the effectiveness on longer ranges?

Regards,
CS Noob

Hi fellow CS members,
i have read some review on 270EX and its stead that it is good for focal 50mm and below... but got not much information on 430EX II is it true that 430EX II emits stronger flashes thus increase the effectiveness on longer ranges?

Regards,
CS Noob

Hi Wulla,

How i understand about the model of canon flashed vs the power or range the flashes emits is based in metres. 270EX would mean that the max flash capability would be up to 27Meter range ( If im not wrong, based on direct flash. If you bounce, probably left half the distance. ) so with this theory, the 430EX would be 43Metres with of course the funtionality of the flash is a different story altogether. The EX and the EX II is just the weather sealing differences but there are reviews stating that they found the charging to be faster and more silent on the II series.....

So in summary, you are right in the 430EX II emits a stronger flash compared to the 270EX. this im very sure. :)

Am a newb too so learning at the same time.

Cheers!

For flash manufacturers, generally the larger the model number, the more powerful the flash.

But watch out for the testing parameters. Some manufacturers state their output at tele settings to make their guide numbers look more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.