40D firmware on Canon sg page states 1.1.0 but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
when i click on the link, it brings me to a page with 1.0.8 on it? what's going on? Does anyone know if this new firmware has been made public?

i dont think 1.1.0 has been make in canon website

Interesting, especially since I just saw a post in DPreview stating his 40D has 1.1.1 firmware. It also mentions of a fix to an AF problem. No details though.

:Later,

Hi , how do we go about updating the camera's firmware ? had not tried updating. :)
Is it

download the firmware -> connect camera via usb -> execute the firmware
and the firmware will auto install in the connected 40D ?
Thanks for any assistance rendered
:)

Hi , how do we go about updating the camera's firmware ? had not tried updating. :)
Is it

download the firmware -> connect camera via usb -> execute the firmware
and the firmware will auto install in the connected 40D ?
Thanks for any assistance rendered
:)

there are detailed instructions on the firmware download page.

Thanks for the info. 2nd time I updated firmware in this month. First, to 1.0.8 and now, to 1.1.1. So far, haven't ran into any issue with the new firmware...

I have an issue tho.

To recharge the battery, u have to take out from the camera to the charging unit, yes?

When needed to put back in, the date/time is reset and I had to set it back. Happens to anyone?

I have an issue tho.

To recharge the battery, u have to take out from the camera to the charging unit, yes?

When needed to put back in, the date/time is reset and I had to set it back. Happens to anyone?

there should be a small, round battery inside the battery compartment that will prevent the date/time from reset...

hi guys

can i jump direct from 1.0.8 to 1.1.1? will i loose what ever 1.0.9 & 1.1.0 suppose to correct?

thanks.

can i jump direct from 1.0.8 to 1.1.1? will i loose what ever 1.0.9 & 1.1.0 suppose to correct?

thanks.
That's what I did. There was no public release (i.e. downloadable) for 1.0.9 and/or 1.1.0.

Anyway, the fixes are cumulative. So previous fixes get rolled into 1.1.1. Go for it.

hi guys

thanks.

Sure you can jump. Anyway there are no 1.0.9 & 1.1.0 official release from Canon.

Yes you may jump.The update is not incremental. It's save to jump let say you're save to jump from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0.

there should be a small, round battery inside the battery compartment that will prevent the date/time from reset...

Yes, there should be a small battery there. Do check if the battery is dead or missing. It does happen once in a while with dud button-cell batteries. I encountered it on my PC recently where the BIOS battery died in under 1 year... the day/date just went totally haywire everytime I turned the computer off! :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.