400D vs D80

Status
Not open for further replies.

skopio

Nov 26, 2006
hello all,

i'm intending to get a dslr, considering between the above 2 cameras. been reading up various threads here as well as reviews elsewhere, have come up with a few conclusions that i think will help me decide, would anyone like to give me advice?

price difference between 400D and D80 for the body only about $100, kit price so different because nikon kit lens is 18-135? meaning, canon/nikon actually abt the same price right?

canon lenses tend to be better at the higher end, while nikon produces good lenses throughout their range? BUT third party lenses for both can be gd quality as well? since both systems abt same price (excluding lenses), then i should just choose which one feels better to me? :D

then, i've got a few questions...

the kit lenses for canon cannot make it, how abt nikon? or is there better alternative than the nikon kit lens? cuz if i buy body only, i dont know what lens i should go for. would generally be shooting nature, architecture, scenery, etc, not intending to go for extreme macro or tele. (at least not at the moment, heh)

would really appreciate any advice, especially those who have tried the systems before.

thanks in advance!!!

i think which ever camera feels good in ur hands is more important.

both cameras have pros and cons, i think its very subjective to compare, never ending one,

as for lenses, i tried 3rd parties and originals one.. i am stickin to the original

Look in the Nikon and Canon subforums. There is a thread in each of those discussing this very same question.

what u wanna shoot mostly?
sports i always prefer canon, for humans portraits etc i prefer nikon.

Its been discussed many times before..The kit lens of canon cannot make it.As for nikon,range is good and pics quality quite sharp.

It really depends on urself.Go try it out urself at camera stores and see which one u feel more comfortable with.

:)

Just get whichever feels better in your hand and most comfortable with your pocket..

difficult choice as both cameras are quite similarly spec-ed...400D has a slight edge in terms of the dust cleaning mechanism and price. With D80, you are getting a better kit lens though... well, just have a go at both cameras and choose that onen that feels right for you. either one u choose, they equally competent in their own aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.