400D to D90

Status
Not open for further replies.
both pics shooting using manual mode? for first pic, shld use faster shutter speed.
I've having the same setting. The sigma 18-200 perform better if shoot at good lighting. For my copy F8 hv sharp nice pic. I suggest you looking into the setting.

Yes Bros.
My shot are all in manual mode. (1/80, F8, 173mm, ISO 400) for this also.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/speterjw/3601960869/in/set-72157618772813663/

thanx.

Can't tell...unless sent to lab test. But who cares right.

BTW, nice photos, the WB is spot on.

Last edited:
Perhaps you can rent a fast prime and try it out.....I'm using a d90 now and I've used the 350D and I don't think there is a big difference between for pixs taken between iso 100-800

If you are not happy with what you have now, you should really look into what's going wrong instead of making ill-informed decision to switch over thinking that your photos will turn out better instantly. No such thing. An upgraded camera system means nothing if you can't use it well.

Last edited:
If you are not happy with what you have now, you should really look into what's going wrong instead of making ill-informed decision to switch over thinking that your photos will turn out better instantly. No such thing. An upgraded camera system means nothing if you can't use it well.

i agree on this... i bought a cheap 50mm just because i thought my kit lens wasn't sharp enough... but turn out even on the maximum resolution sweet spot as per MTF charts i still don't get sharp photos...

the reason... shaky hands... now i married my tripod...

What makes you think those pics :thumbsd:?

Can share your view?

IMO the pics are sharp and correctly exposed on my LCD screen

Yes Bros.
My shot are all in manual mode. (1/80, F8, 173mm, ISO 400) for this also.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/speterjw/3601960869/in/set-72157618772813663/

thanx.

Bro,
if you are looking for extreme sharp photos, then use ISO 100 if possible, less noise, better contrast. Use good tripod, good lens, good camera. Changing brand will not get you better sharpness.
The above photo, you are zooming at 173mm under 1/80, you need either a IS lens or tripod.
Spend your money wisely on a better lens can let you achieve better result.

The above photo, you are zooming at 173mm under 1/80, you need either a IS lens or tripod.

The lens Sigma 18-200mm DC OS comes with "OS" - Optical Stabilizer. That's the same as IS for Canon or VR for Nikon. To me it looks as if he has used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.