400d flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordpain

Feb 22, 2007
does the 400d support triggering the flash on studio powerpacks through flash cable? or only through hotshoe IR?

You need a hotshoe-PC converter. Cheap though.

hotshoe to pc? may i know what is that and how much would it cost? can a canon flash like the 580ex , 430ex or even a 420ex trigger the studio lights with the IR built inside it?

hotshoe to pc? may i know what is that and how much would it cost? can a canon flash like the 580ex , 430ex or even a 420ex trigger the studio lights with the IR built inside it?

You were asking about wired trigger. 400D doesn't have a PC port to connect to studio strobes. A convertor is simply a small brick that attaches to the hotshoe and provide a PC port.

EX flashes generally cannot trigger studio flashes by IR. Shooting in manual flash mode, you can trigger studio strobes as optical slaves.

alright thanks. i think i get it. any idea how much it costs and where to get it?

alright thanks. i think i get it. any idea how much it costs and where to get it?

You can check out the usually shops - Cathay, Alan, etc... I think someone on CS named PQ23 may carry this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.