400D downgrade to 1000D for Macro, need some advise pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanyc168

Aug 23, 2007
Why you care?
Currently using canon 400D but it doesn't have Live view. It's sometime having difficulty doing macro.

With Live view will be better as I don't have to look thru the view finder all the time for focusing. It could be dangerous without seeing and aware of the surrounding while shooting macro.

Do you think is wise to change from 400D to 1000D?? I can't afford a new body like 450D/40D. Still looking around to see anyone upgrading to 450D/40D from 1000D.

Need yr advise.
Thanks in advance

up to each individual...so far for most of the macro outing i join from cs, most of the shooter nv use live view ....maybe you could see if your fren have a 1000d to lend u try out and see if you like to macro with the live view?

if that is the case, how about you consider a second hand 450D? There are some in the market and I believe it costs around $900+, and some might even go lower.

Bro,

1.) 400D --> 1000D is not a downgrade.
2.) So far I have not seen anyone use LV on dSLR for macro.

Be advised that you'll need to consider the sun washing out your screen, so using live view (with it's slow focusing) can be difficult. Also, you need to consider that, unlike on the Sony A300 and A350, the 1000D screen doesn't tilt, so you'd still have challenges with low angles.

Maybe another alternative without changing your 400D (which is a seriously good camera to start with) is to buy a Canon angled "L-Shaped" viewfinder. It gives you a larger view and the L angle allows you to look for details when you are shooting at low vantage points. This viewfinder costs around $200+ and should be found in major Canon retailers.

Maybe another alternative without changing your 400D (which is a seriously good camera to start with) is to buy a Canon angled "L-Shaped" viewfinder. It gives you a larger view and the L angle allows you to look for details when you are shooting at low vantage points. This viewfinder costs around $200+ and should be found in major Canon retailers.

Good suggestion - a viewfinder would be ideal.

to change to 1000D is not a downgrade, Canon came out with 400D, then 450D and then 1000D which is in between 450d and 400D...cheers

If you really need live view you can check out Olympus E-30 :)

Currently using canon 400D but it doesn't have Live view. It's sometime having difficulty doing macro.

With Live view will be better as I don't have to look thru the view finder all the time for focusing. It could be dangerous without seeing and aware of the surrounding while shooting macro.

Do you think is wise to change from 400D to 1000D?? I can't afford a new body like 450D/40D. Still looking around to see anyone upgrading to 450D/40D from 1000D.

Need yr advise.
Thanks in advance

Why WOULD you need live view for Macro??

Just bend over.... and in the first place, you have to be watchful in all situations...

macro needs very precise focusing, i don't think that LV and AF will be very helpful
what you need is a magnifying angle finder

hi, where can i get 2nd hand 450d ?

hi, where can i get 2nd hand 450d ?

Go down to the Personal Classifieds

there is a SUB-forum for Canon... go find there.

You can use LV and then zoom into the area that you want to focus on and use manual focusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.