$4 Fisheye..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgy1993

Deregistered
Mar 28, 2007
Singapore
i did this a while ago and thought i would share it with the world...

i wanted to get a fisheye lens for my camera so i went off to peninsula plza and was like "OMG noooooo!" when i saw the price on most of them.. at least $800+ for a good one..

so i went back home... and i looked thru the peephole on my front door (the thing used to see who is at the door befor u open it) and i thought that it looked very much like a fisheye.

sooo... i got myself over to home-fix and asked for a door peep and some duct tape... and walauu!!! only $3.90

after simply taking off the end bolt and taping it (yes i know very "juvenile" but i dont have the equipment to make a mount) you end up something like this: (this is my video cam im demonstrating to how to put on with)

Picture56.jpg

its an ok alternative to a real fisheye which is aobut $1000 for a canon 15mm one.. :eek:
and if ud like to see for yourself.. heres some test shots of stuff:
(after max zoom on the camera and cropping loads of course)

20-03-07_0710.jpg

25-03-07_1848.jpg

and here is a comparison with a photo with a real fisheye i got off the net
Hhaha___oh_man_by_s3ns3sfail4456.jpg

as you can see the quality isnt as good but considering its like 1/1000 of the price of a real one i figured its not too bad..

hope this idea can help others out there.. c&c appreciated..

cheers
rolando

fulls marks for innovation :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ida will be proud of you

not bad not bad, but what camera was it taken with?

how to mount a small peephole on a DSLR?? duct tape??? hm...

er... mount on p&s lor

dslr impossible
this is jus for fun on a p&s

haha thks for the comments..
keep em coming..

i personally used bluetack to stick these on my camera and i took these with my moms kodak DC4800 coz its just too small for my slr.. the ones before i used my phone camera.. haha
and gangeslim great minds doo think alike!! :D:D

more test shots:
DCP_0825.jpg

DCP_0830.jpg

:thumbsup: Interesting...

smart seh.... $4 if can work on my cam i sure buy!!!

great innovation here.

this idea has been around the net for a very long time. Good that someone revived this so more ppl knows about it.

Great idea! Very innovative. Are you planning to patent it?

this idea has been around the net for a very long time. Good that someone revived this so more ppl knows about it.

yeah.. for the fun of it. Now with tiny sensor digital cameras, it's not too bad an idea to revive. ;p

Nice one!By the way, you're 14 this year?

yeah, I've had a similar peephole thingy for a long time.

There is one better ...
there is a type of peephole that is bigger that you might also want to try. About $12.
Last time I saw it , was at the hardware shop in holland v. This one I've not tried though...
since I did go out and buy a fisheye at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.