4 Feb 06 Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Not much spiders today. Did not see the Heavy Jumper as I did in the past weeks nor the ant mimicking spiders. But saw a small JS, a pair of mating leafhoppers, one tiny white insect, and a extremely skittish male banded pintella jumping spider, and in its nest!

Appreciate any comments!

FZ10+6T+Sigma CU, Ext bounce flash, ISO 50, F/8, various speeds

#1: Little JS
1/200s
55068831-L.jpg

#2:Mating leafhoppers
1/800s
55069091-M.jpg

#3: Sometimes it open its wings
1/640s
55069130-M.jpg

#4: Another fella looking on in Background
1/640s
55068802-M.jpg

#5: Small white insect
1/640s
55068927-M.jpg

This is the evasive male banded Pintella......very hard to take.....so not so good pics...but just to share...

#6 On a leaf
55069205-M.jpg

#7: In its nest
55069037-M.jpg

Very nice! May I know the location you went for these shots?
One of your shots was taken at 1/800!! Was there a lot of available light at that time of did you use a strong flash?

Nice catch on the mating hoppers. #7 is excellent... pity the head is a little OOF but the little leg that is in focus make up for it. I didn't know they make nest like that:)

seankyh said:
Very nice! May I know the location you went for these shots?
One of your shots was taken at 1/800!! Was there a lot of available light at that time of did you use a strong flash?

Thks!
This was taken at the park at Henry Park (opposite Henry Park pri school).
The morning sun was quite bright, and the yellow leaves also very reflective, so had to increase the shutter speed so as not to over expose it.

melvynyeo said:
Nice catch on the mating hoppers. #7 is excellent... pity the head is a little OOF but the little leg that is in focus make up for it. I didn't know they make nest like that:)

Thanks! You are right....thats why I said not so good pics. But the nest was interesting. This fella was super kan cheong! Any movement I made it would siam and scoot away....really tought time getting a pic of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.