4 days in Hong Kong - Need some Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oly5050

Feb 1, 2005
Going to HK for 4 days. Any suggestions on shops to browse and buy camera stuff? I got this list from ydragon. Can anyone help me narrow down?

http://www.ygdragon.net/shops.htm

Also, any point getting suits / shirts made in HK or is it too expensive? What about nearby China? Is it worthwhile compared to Singapore or Bangkok?

Finally, do they have model shoots / group shoots there too? Hope to get some photography done there. Anyone got any lobang?

Thanks!

try dchome.net too

and Hollywood shopping centre at mongkok, specifically at shan tung street, has a whole centre packed with men's fashion. from working to casual. and many of those do tailor-made stuff. you can get matching suit and pants, tailors for less than 100. i was quoted HKD 400 (S$70, using today's exchange rate, www.xe.com) a year ago for one set.

I always get my stuff from Man Shing or Wing Shing (same owners I believe). Prices are pretty much fixed (not a main concern of mine since I live in Europe where prices are terrible), but the goods are new and they are reliable. They have very good stock.

wat about photographic community or shoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.