4-5mp prosumer dc, which is better/worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonX

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
Olympus C5050 - $1300 @ MSColor, 3x zoom, tilted up & down LCD, 5 mp
Nikon CP5700 - $1800 @ MSColor, 8x zoom, flip-out & twist LCD, 5mp
Minolta D7Hi - $1680 @ MSColor, 7x zoom, fixed LCD, 5mp
Canon G3 - $12++ @ ???, 4x zoom, flip-out & twist LCD, 4mp

I know each has its own pros & cons (read many technical reviews & users' views liao), but which one you think is better/worth its price tag?

At this point of time, C5050 seems better to me but too bad there is no higher zoom range (only 3x)

For prosumer dc, black body looks nicer don't you think?

Originally posted by JasonX

Definitely if you are more concern over you looking professional than producing professional looking photos. :D

Originally posted by Falcon

Definitely if you are more concern over you looking professional than producing professional looking photos. :D

If both can produce professional looking photos, I definitely will choose the one with more professional looking wat. ;) or which one of the cameras I listed (you think) cannot take professional looking photos, then I'll drop it from my list no matter how professional looking it is .:light:

If both can produce professional looking photos, I definitely will choose the one with more professional looking wat. ;) or which one of the cameras I listed cannot take professional looking photos, then I'll drop it from my list no matter how professional looking it is .:light:

All can. It really depends alot on the photographer. Just reminding u that a black body shld never be a factor for choosing. The temptation is great. Being through that b4. Tell us more what kind of photos you like to take. Your past experiencee with other cams, etc and we can give u better advice. :)

Actually if I had the money (and if I NEEDED it) I would personally go for the Olympus C5050. I suppose the only reason for me choosing that over all the rest is that it has no limit as to how long it can record movie files....that depends on how much memory you have available. To me that is a nice feature to have when one gets bored of taking digital still pics :)

All can. It really depends alot on the photographer.

I totally agree with you on this.

I'm just a novice P&S "camera user" using a Canon Prima for many years. First bought my digital camera A40 early this year but had sold it recently. Pardon me, sold it mostly because I don't like how it looks :embrass: of course plus many other reasons such as 2mp, no raw image format, bad macro shoot, no remote control, etc. I would use my camerafor taking night scene, skyline, macro shoot, family photos, i.e. multi-purpose.

Can't afford too much, budget below $2K.

Nikon CP5700 - $1800 @ MSColorr, 8x zoom, flip-out & twist LCD, 5mp
Minolta D7Hi - $1680 @ MSColorr, 7x zoom, fixed LCD, 5mp

I know each has its own pros & cons (read many technical reviews & users' views liao), but which one you think is better/worth its price tag?

At this point of time, C5050 seems better to me but too bad there is no higher zoom range (only 3x)

Will go with Olympus...got F1.8 bright lens

Then there are 3 of us here prefer C5050 over the other 3. But funny, not much people here & hardwarezone talk about C5050, most people talk about V3, C730U, S45 or G3...

Any special reasons why u dropped Sony 717 out of the list?

Any special reasons why u dropped Sony 717 out of the list?

Sony accessories are expensive & Memory Sticks max @ 128mb only. Beside the huge zoom lense only with 5x optical zoom. Prefer CF solution.

Sony accessories are expensive & Memory Sticks max @ 128mb only. Beside the huge zoom lense only with 5x optical zoom. Prefer CF solution.

Get a Olympus E10! :gbounce:

You'll like the look, mechanical zoom ring, the weight! :p

I Vote for 7Hi ... Oly 5050 ... is slow in zooming and the CA problem is also present in the 5050.

But this is strictly personal.

Quite impressed by 7Hi's features, by reviews. Read a posting at Imaging Resource Forum by a Japanese, Minolta only produce 3000 units of 7Hi for worldwide market, dunno how true is that. And I can't find any 7Hi AP, CP, MS, Courts, Safe, Harvey Norman, etc. Funny thing is, Minolta just advertised 7Hi in the past 2 issues of Computer Times.

Nikon CP5700 - $1800 @ MSColorr, 8x zoom, flip-out & twist LCD, 5mp
Minolta D7Hi - $1680 @ MSColorr, 7x zoom, fixed LCD, 5mp

Fwah, 7HI so cheap, CP5700 so ex?? Or did you mix the both of them up?

I like all 4 cameras, personally anyone of them can get you good photos. Take a 4 sided die and toss it.

Originally posted by YSLee

Fwah, 7HI so cheap, CP5700 so ex?? Or did you mix the both of them up?

Correct leh, according to MSColor eQuote. But it also stated "no stick", sigh.

MSColor said 7Hi stock will be coming in next week, earliest. If next week I call, I bet they will say next week again. Walao, always like this one.

Saw a posting here yesterday saying that 7Hi @ AP selling 1700, went to SLS just now, can't find any 7Hi , they have plenty of 7i though (C5050 also out of stock, btw). AP damn clouded.

Tried G3, P5700 & C5050 @ Sitex, hope to try 7Hi first before deciding which one to get. Too bad C5050 only 3x zoom, otherwise I will get it right away from MSColor.

With A40 3x zoom experience, I really hope to get a higher zoom range digicam. Tried C730, but w/o stabilizer 10x zoom is quite useless. There is no guarantee you can take a good shoot at 10x zoom with tripod, a little shake on the ground will spoilt the whole thing.

With A40 3x zoom experience, I really hope to get a higher zoom range digicam. Tried C730, but w/o stabilizer 10x zoom is quite useless. There is no guarantee you can take a good shoot at 10x zoom with tripod, a little shake on the ground will spoilt the whole thing.
380mm without IS isn't all that bad. Many expensive telephoto lenses don't come with IS either. Even with IS, you won't get 100% guarantee for sharp images if technique and lighting not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.