4:3 or 16:10 .. need advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi hi

i have been reading quite a bit of LCD resolutions and I guess i am getting more confused.
I am looking at 20inch and upwards.
Generally for photo editing and normal work/related stuff, is it better to have a 4:3 or 16:10 (widescreen) lcd?
When i ask "better", i am wondering if it makes any technical difference OR it is jus a preference.

I understand that with 16:10, you can place more stuff side by side with each other.
Do all video cars support 16:10 or do i have to look into getting specific cards that does so?

Another question about watching dvds and such. Do most dvds movies come with a choice of normal and widescreen options? The widescreen for dvds are 16:9 isnt it? would that be a problem on a 4:3 or 16:10 lcd screen?

(on a side note, if i want to watch hdtv... it seems that most lcds dont have HDCP or HCDP(?) function so i guess that hdtv wont work on a lcd as yet...

thanks for your help..

dell usa is now selling 2005fp for about 600sd only... how much is it in sinagpore?

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
haagen_dazs said:
hi hi

i have been reading quite a bit of LCD resolutions and I guess i am getting more confused.
I am looking at 20inch and upwards.
Generally for photo editing and normal work/related stuff, is it better to have a 4:3 or 16:10 (widescreen) lcd?
When i ask "better", i am wondering if it makes any technical difference OR it is jus a preference.

I understand that with 16:10, you can place more stuff side by side with each other.
Do all video cars support 16:10 or do i have to look into getting specific cards that does so?

Another question about watching dvds and such. Do most dvds movies come with a choice of normal and widescreen options? The widescreen for dvds are 16:9 isnt it? would that be a problem on a 4:3 or 16:10 lcd screen?

(on a side note, if i want to watch hdtv... it seems that most lcds dont have HDCP or HCDP(?) function so i guess that hdtv wont work on a lcd as yet...

thanks for your help..

dell usa is now selling 2005fp for about 600sd only... how much is it in sinagpore?
Not all cards support 16:9 as long as I am sure. Double 4:3 will actually compensate quite a little, especially when you are those who love diagonal desk kind, main monitor on the front, and secondary monitor slightly away.

16:9 will be great for movie viewing, and especially if you do video post-processing for videos captured in 16:9 25p.

DVDs come in 16:9 only if stated, especially locally produced, compared to the imported, which are usually widescreen DVDs. However there must be functions on your DVD player to play in 4:3 pan & scan and other functions.

Hope this help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom