3rd party Zoom Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

makan007

Feb 17, 2002
Singapore
How much cheaper can it be? Pls state an eg. And any performance degrade when using 3rd party lenses. Thank you. :)

Hi,

If you stick with the pro-class 3rd party lenses, they should give reasonably good quality compared to original camera-maker lenses.

E.g. Nikon AF-S 28-70mm f2.8D ED-IF costs $2800 or thereabouts. Canon EF 28-70mm f2.8L USM costs around there or slightly cheaper.

Tokina AF 28-70mm f2.6-2.8 ATX-Pro II costs only $650. Yes, there's no AF-S motor in the Nikon model, but it's 3 times cheaper. And the quality of this lens is supposedly very, very good.

E.g. 2 : Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L costs > $2000.
Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 HSM costs $1000 odd. Performs very well, and is pretty sharp. Ask streetshooter, he has one.

Regards
CK

To be safe & get good output, I think I better stick to Canon Lenses. Thanks. ;)

Originally posted by makan007
To be safe & get good output, I think I better stick to Canon Lenses. Thanks. ;)

All my zooms are 3rd party at this moment. I dun think anyone can tell the difference from the pictures.

Its more advisable for you to concentrate on shooting. If you hv the money, well get the canon zooms, if not, get 3rd party. Also, not all canon lens are of good quality. You need to know which are the good ones and which are the lemons.

Originally posted by Shadus

All my zooms are 3rd party at this moment. I dun think anyone can tell the difference from the pictures.

Its more advisable for you to concentrate on shooting. If you hv the money, well get the canon zooms, if not, get 3rd party. Also, not all canon lens are of good quality. You need to know which are the good ones and which are the lemons.
I will post another thread when I'm getting a zoom lens. And hope you guys can assist me in selection. Thank you. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.