3rd party recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
Hi all,

Just checking, anyone here can recommend 3rd party coy doing date recovery for my wife seagate external harddisk 300 gigs? It crashed and called seagate singapore, they say must go 3rd party.

Best is i asked them so customers are left on their own? The person behind phone replied yes customers are on their own....:cry:

Sorry to hear about this David.

I'm sure someone experienced will be able to assist you with information.

Wasn't Seagate already bought out by Maxtor or someone? :dunno:

Too bad about the customer service. It shows where their interests lie.

Hi DM,

Yup i think maxtor take over, but still have singapore number le, so i called.
anyway, i dun expect free service, but also dun expect the replied i got: Customers are left on their own.

Hard Disk manufacturer does not provide data recovery service regardless whether is Seagate, Maxtor or WD. They only offer repair or 1 to 1 replacement.

Maybe can provide more information. Is it Seagate FreeAgent or Seagate hard disk in external 3rd party casing? Cannot detect or can detect but not able to access.

Hi DM,

Yup i think maxtor take over, but still have singapore number le, so i called.
anyway, i dun expect free service, but also dun expect the replied i got: Customers are left on their own.

Err ... the thing is, perhaps it's the company policy not to offer such services because of 'whatever' reasons.

I guess that's the difference between a typical Asian company and say an American one is the way they handle the situation. Same results, but customer is left feeling different because customers are looked at in different perspective. One is human with real life problems, to another, you are just a cash-cow.

Local: Sorry, have to go to 3rd party.

Cust: Are you saying customers are left on their own with no back-up or service?

Local: Ya lor! On their own. Sorry ah. Click.

USA: I'm sorry, but you have to source for a 3rd party vendor. There are a few reputable ones around.

Cust: Are you saying customers are left on their own with no back-up or service?

USA: We do offer back-up and customer support services where parts and servicing is concerned David, but I'm afraid that data-recovery is an area that we're not allowed to handle because of possible legal complications. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience and I really hope you manage to get the situation resolved soon.

Last edited:
Seagate hard disk in external 3rd party casing, cannot detect i think, must try again....

so anyone can recommend me 3rd party coy doing data recovery?

Imagine the answer staright to ur face....cold tone somemore....;(

Customers are left on their own.

Hard Disk manufacturer does not provide data recovery service regardless whether is Seagate, Maxtor or WD. They only offer repair or 1 to 1 replacement.

Maybe can provide more information. Is it Seagate FreeAgent or Seagate hard disk in external 3rd party casing? Cannot detect or can detect but not able to access.
that's is correct, manufacturer don't bother, or have any responsibility for what is inside your harddisk,

Harddisk spoiled? if it is within warranty (not all products have warranty), only one to one exchange the most.

Imagine the answer staright to ur face....cold tone somemore....;(

Customers are left on their own.

I can understand completely what you're saying David.

It's never a nice feeling to be brushed off in an uncaring manner, regardless of the company's product policy.

The manufacturer would not help u to recover yr data, even if u pay.
My hard disk crashed earlier this year, I used this company Data Savers, they are not cheap (4 figures) and not fast (my hard disk is old model so they need to ship some old spare parts from USA), but they did an amazing job to recover the hard disc data. According to them, they had a cleanroom lab in Singapore and they opened up the drive, fixed the electronic circuit and copied out the data byte-by-byte. I recovered 100% of my data.
http://www.data-savers.net/

The manufacturer would not help u to recover yr data, even if u pay.
My hard disk crashed earlier this year, I used this company Data Savers, they are not cheap (4 figures) and not fast (my hard disk is old model so they need to ship some old spare parts from USA), but they did an amazing job to recover the hard disc data. According to them, they had a cleanroom lab in Singapore and they opened up the drive, fixed the electronic circuit and copied out the data byte-by-byte. I recovered 100% of my data.
http://www.data-savers.net/

4 figures.....i try contact them.

how to keep this thread with recommended recovery coy contacts, so that ppl can just search easy for them.

Data recovery is not simple. They need cleanrooms and all that.

A typical flow will be:

- they take the hdd
- depending on condition they compile index of files
- they send you the index and ask you which files you require
- they quote you recovery fee based on your choices.
- ranges from S$500 through to about S$8000

If cannot detect, could be your 3rd party external casing issue. Try take out the hard disk and connect direct to your PC or use another 3rd party casing first.

The other possibility is the hard disk circuit board faulty. Find an exact model and swap the circuit board.

If it is mechanical failure, then you need to send to the data recovery datacenter.

You can try the above before you send in for data recovery. It might just be a simple issue.

Hi all,

Just checking, anyone here can recommend 3rd party coy doing date recovery for my wife seagate external harddisk 300 gigs? It crashed and called seagate singapore, they say must go 3rd party.

Best is i asked them so customers are left on their own? The person behind phone replied yes customers are on their own....:cry:

My 4G CF card, only 4G and not 300G, cannot be read. I managed to recovered all the images.

Try this program. 'Testdisk' - free Just download and run the program.

Just sent you a pm on a cheap and good data recovery company I used on 3 occasssions already :)

Hi vince123123...can you also PM me on the contact you have? I have an hard disk that is dead too!

Status
Not open for further replies.