3rd Party Flash With Hi Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnyminhtike

Feb 10, 2009
Hello Everyone.
I am interesting Nissan Di622 and price is around 200. That model can achieve to fire with radio remote at 1/8000? If can't what about 430EX ? The 430Ex is it able to fire at Hi sync? I just want to make sure that Nissan is perform close to 430EX or else I will go for 430EX. Your advise will be greatly appreciate. :)

not a canon user..but di622 cannot achieve high speed sync...

The DI622 is from NissIn .. nothing to do with the car.

I don't think any flash can do high speed sync on remote mode. IIRC, only can be done onboard.

Nikon CLS also support FP mode, so can do FP on remote flash.

To TS, when using hi speed sync, it reduce the flash power tremendously when higher shutter speed is being used.

here is the set up you can take a look. 12 canon flash units with 12 radio receivers.

radiopopper_seven_foot_rail.jpg

and it to create shots like this.

pumpkin_smash_6400_420b.jpg

taken from Smashing Pumpkins With High-Speed Sync * Gang Light – Part 2

you have to trick the camera that there is no flash on the hotshoe.

tape just 1 or 2 circle on the hotshoe on the camera or a ttl pc cord and leave the centre pin untape. the centre is required to fire the flash at manual mode. (no ttl)

insert any speedlight. you can sync to the maximum shutter speed of your camera.

Last edited:
check the flash duration in the flash manual, it will tell you how much power you have to lose to achieve 1/8000.

check whether your transmitter and receiver can sync 1/8000.

check whether your camera can set to 1/8000.

using flash, you can reach 1/30,000 at the lowest flash power. therefore you need more speedlights.

Last edited:
I don't think any flash can do high speed sync on remote mode. IIRC, only can be done onboard.

Actually using Canon's 580EX2 and 430EX2 both are able to do wireless HSS. There is also third party products that do HSS radio trigger too.

Actually using Canon's 580EX2 and 430EX2 both are able to do wireless HSS. There is also third party products that do HSS radio trigger too.

thanks... :)

Thanks Bros for your time and opnion. Still open for up comming dicussion.

Hehe, I will drop by the shop and try it out.Thanks bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.