3rd party flash on Canon D60

Status
Not open for further replies.

lOOkingEyes

Apr 29, 2003
West
lookingeyes.clubsnap.org
Hello anybody out there can help to verify this statement:

"One of the shop said that Canon will declare the warranty void if the damage was caused by 3rd party flash (external). Canon is able to find out by viewing a hidden file in the D60 that captured the made of the 3rd party flash." :rolleyes:

Questions:
Is there such a file hidden in the camera?
It was stated in the manual, 3rd party flash can be used, so how could Canon consider the warranty void?

:confused:

oh? hidden file? take out the backup battery and place it back after 3 days. that should erase all memories.

Originally posted by lOOkingEyes
Hello anybody out there can help to verify this statement:

"One of the shop said that Canon will declare the warranty void if the damage was caused by 3rd party flash (external). Canon is able to find out by viewing a hidden file in the D60 that captured the made of the 3rd party flash." :rolleyes:

Questions:
Is there such a file hidden in the camera?
It was stated in the manual, 3rd party flash can be used, so how could Canon consider the warranty void?

:confused:

not true at all. if the manual has stated the use of 3rd party flash, there is no reason why canon would consider the warranty void.

i believe, that the warranty would be void if the damage is caused by the flash itself, and not due to fault of the camera.

Original by mylau:

i believe, that the warranty would be void if the damage is caused by the flash itself, and not due to fault of the camera.

I supposed u r correct, the damage could be due to the flash itself. :cry:

But if there is no such thing as hidden file, then Canon would not be able to identify the flash unit right? Hence, they should honour the warranty and repair the unit...he heee :devil:

Originally posted by lOOkingEyes
Original by mylau:

I supposed u r correct, the damage could be due to the flash itself. :cry:

But if there is no such thing as hidden file, then Canon would not be able to identify the flash unit right? Hence, they should honour the warranty and repair the unit...he heee :devil:

there is a chance that they can identify what caused the damage by close examination.

Status
Not open for further replies.