3rd party Flash for D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

gUARDSbOY

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Hi ,

Anyone can recommend a 3rd party (non-nikon) flash for my D70 ?
Find that the SB600 is out of my budget.
Will it work with those TTL function.

Thanx

That looks like a slave flash.

If you don't need TTL, you can get a flash that has Auto mode - it'll work just as fine.

3rd party flashes like the Metz32z-1 or Vivitar 285HV go for around $100 2nd hand.

One option is to use a flash with Auto mode. I have used an old Nikon SB24 (in auto mode) with my D70 before finally deciding on buying a SB800. With an auto flash, you won't have iTTL (latest Nikon flash technology) but it is nevertheless a cheap alternative to try out the wonders of an external flash. I have one SB24 for sale if you are interested. PM me if interested.

To the GURUS of photography,

I need your advise here. If I mostly shoot using flash indoors, I prefer natural lighting outdoors and I feel the built in flash for FILL-INs are sufficient, is it necessary to get those high end flashes like sb600/80dx etc.?

Indoors, mostly I will be shooting with the two(1main/1 for fill) flashes off-camera(slave). Purpose will be mostly for portraits. Also will use for bounce flash or with umbrella if necessary.

I'm planning to get sb600-main and vivitardf200-slave..or is this set-up overkill? If so, could you please recommend a set-up that might save me some bucks.

P.S. does anyone heard about "Morris AC Slave II", is it good? Is it available in singapore?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.