3rd party digicam batteries - any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
i was @ CP yesterday and a buncha us were looking at these 3rd party batteries for digital camera models (various brands and models). specifically i was looking @ the EN-EL3 equivalent for Nikon. i can't remember the brand name, dun think there's any actually, but they're cheap, almost half the price of the original branded ones and same power (1400 mAh for the Nikon EN-EL3 equiv.)

anyone bought or using these now? how's the battery life and power like? any comments?

thanks in advance! :D

Basically, these are just rechargeable 2CR5s right? Has anyone tried using them on a 35mm SLR? Think it should last longer?

Originally posted by Larry
i was @ CP yesterday and a buncha us were looking at these 3rd party batteries for digital camera models (various brands and models). specifically i was looking @ the EN-EL3 equivalent for Nikon. i can't remember the brand name, dun think there's any actually, but they're cheap, almost half the price of the original branded ones and same power (1400 mAh for the Nikon EN-EL3 equiv.)

anyone bought or using these now? how's the battery life and power like? any comments?

thanks in advance! :D
I heard about MEGAPOWER brand equivalent of EL-N3 from AP but I am not sure with the the performance...anyone tried this product on their DSLR?

Originally posted by Knighthunter

I heard about MEGAPOWER brand equivalent of EL-N3 from AP but I am not sure with the the performance...anyone tried this product on their DSLR?
Err..
I'm using them for my DSLR...
Rated at 1250mah 150mah more then the original. So far so good.

Originally posted by PentiumPC
using it for my D100, so far so good...
ah good good... how's the battery life like? just curious, cos can consider as back-up battery for mine as well...

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Larry.. no need to consider.. just

buy buy buy
what buy buy buy, money drop from durian tree ah?
broke broke broke!!! :D

Don't know??? I use on a day shoot, did about 350+ shots, still full on the LCD indicator.

Until now never run out of batt before, buy because kiasu and vertical grip can use 2 batteries.

Now I rotate the batts ( seldom use the Vert. Grip.) no diff with the nikon orginal.

Originally posted by Larry
ah good good... how's the battery life like? just curious, cos can consider as back-up battery for mine as well...

Originally posted by PentiumPC
Don't know??? I use on a day shoot, did about 350+ shots, still full on the LCD indicator.

Until now never run out of batt before, buy because kiasu and vertical grip can use 2 batteries.

Now I rotate the batts ( seldom use the Vert. Grip.) no diff with the nikon orginal.

Is the megapower capacity similar to EL-N3 1400mAh?
Thanks

Not Megapower --- A-station from CP

D100Battery.jpg

Originally posted by Knighthunter

Is the megapower capacity similar to EL-N3 1400mAh?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.