3rd Party Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liangerism

Jul 25, 2007
sidewaysphotographique.com
hi all,

i'm using a nikon d80 and i've bought a cheap 3rd party spare batt for it.
does anyone of u here actually got a bad experience with a 3rd party batt?
meaning it would likely damaged ur camera and stuff...

pls advice and thanks in advance.

3rd party battery won't last as long as original from my experience.

I purchase a third-party battery for my FZ50 just before my Sydney trip, it dead on me when I was up in the Blue Mountain.. :( Luckily I still have the original battery, but I have to conserve my shots to save batteries... for the whole trip....

Bad QC and can be really unreliable in moments u least expected.

hi all,

i'm using a nikon d80 and i've bought a cheap 3rd party spare batt for it.
does anyone of u here actually got a bad experience with a 3rd party batt?
meaning it would likely damaged ur camera and stuff...

pls advice and thanks in advance.

You have already bought the 3rd party battery, and now you are worried? Abit late right?

My D50 uses the El-3e and a 3rd party batter from east gear. Had it for >2 yrs. so far no problem, though must say, the original usually last so long, I hardly need to replace it. I do swapped them around and use the 3rd party ones.

I used to use 3rd party batts. Not anymore. They simply aren't reliable, not even as a spare battery. Don't believe the specs; 3rd party batts usually list themselves as having a higher mAh rating, which theoretically means it should last longer than the original. Experience has showed me that those numbers mean nothing.

well, thanks everybody for ur kind replies...

actually, the only thing i'm worried abt is that the 3rd party batt might damage my camera.
since all the bad experiences that u guys have had was juz the short life spend,
i think it juz takes time for me to find out.

once again, thanks! :)

Note that warranties will be void if you use a third party battery and the battery damages the camera.

3rd party batteries (eg eastgear) are supposed to allow the user to shoot more photos than original ones as far as i know lol.

so far no problems with my (made in china) 3rd party batt in my d40, only worry is shorter batt lifespan than the original nikon batt so apart from that everything works fine.

to my experience, 3rd party batteries will lose its charge more easily than original ones. I charged 1 original and 1 3rd party batt to the max and left it unused for a few days. I was surprise to see that the 3rd party batt simply had little power left while the original one was as good as new. So beware, if you intend to take some 'emergency' shots. The third party battery will surely fail you in times of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.