3rd party battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

akababy

Mar 5, 2006
B4 i embark to buy a 3rd party batt to go with my original batt for my grip, anyone can share any good stories or nightmares about using them.

Any good brand? Hows those MS selling?

For which camera. Both OP and Eastgear are selling some pretty decent 3rd party batteries. Prices at OP are much cheaper. I bought my generic EN-El3e from OP and so far no problems. Their current rating is accurate too.:)

hm... hows those at MS? anyone?

B4 i embark to buy a 3rd party batt to go with my original batt for my grip, anyone can share any good stories or nightmares about using them.

Any good brand? Hows those MS selling?

i used eastgear for my oly E500, no problem on the power n try buy from unfocom at Funan ..is cheaper than u buy direct from EG..

From what I gather, 3rd party batteries seem to be a hit and miss affair. Quite a lot of good reviews ... some negative ones.

My personal experience : I decided to risk it after reading some of the post. 3rd party Batt from shop in Sim Lim. Unfortunately died after 2 charges, could not hold charge at all. When in charger indicator shows fully charged but unable to use on the camera. Have since changed to original batt and no probs.

I'm using 2 sets of eastgear batts for my DSLR grip and results are promising and lasts a lot longer as well.

i tried one unknown 3rd prty for my lumix FZ5 n i have the EG as well...the EG is as good as the original...this apply to my oly as well....try to get the "known" brand...and the diff in price is at less than $5..why not.

Thanks for the recommendation. Should be dropping by this weekend to get spare battery. Family going to Shanghai next week for holidays. :)

you know wat, dun even bother to get em new. get em 2nd hand :D got myself 2 3rd party nb-2lh for 15bucks. hehe now got 3 batts. they can hold their charge quite well. instead of spending for new ones, you can instead save $$$ and get a battery grip.

hm.... alright will see

If you do buy 3rd party batteries, make sure to ask the warranty period. It's usually 6 months. So after buying them, charge them up and use them frequently during the next month or so. If it fails for any reason bring the batteries back to the retailer with the receipt. Likely the store won't give your money back so change the faulty battery for another one. Remember to not throw away the receipt!

If you do buy 3rd party batteries, make sure to ask the warranty period. It's usually 6 months. So after buying them, charge them up and use them frequently during the next month or so. If it fails for any reason bring the batteries back to the retailer with the receipt. Likely the store won't give your money back so change the faulty battery for another one. Remember to not throw away the receipt!

Not only in this case but everything u buy, especially electronics goods. Keep the receipt until warranty expires.

Not only in this case but everything u buy, especially electronics goods. Keep the receipt until warranty expires.

...most specially... keep your extended warranty receipt:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.