3rd party battery grip

forward6666

Aug 13, 2009
Hi everyone quick questions....

i was planning to get a 3rd party battery grip for my nikon D5000.
Last weekend i was in Alan photo studio in funan mall... and when i asked the guy if they sell any bettery frip for d5k... the guy said no and better dont buy it. coz its 3rd party and makes the camera slow because it uses remote and so on... i didnt understand exactly...
but basically he was saying its bad and dont buy it

so now i dont know what to do.

anyone using 3rd party battery grip on d5k? any feedback? or any other people who know anything about this please advise.

Thanks.

well...

i think he doesn't sell it so he is mis-leading u to avoid other ppl closing a deal with u....
i nvr heard of 3rd grip affecting the performance

thanks man... thats what i thought actually... thats why wanted to get other opinions...
so i know that theres been lot of threads about this... but at the moment im choosing between phottix and travor?
and i also understand that ones without built in battery are better where you can use your own nikon battery?

people can u just simply state which one is better in your opinion? phottix or travor?

Read all the OLD threads on 3rd party batteries and batt grips.

THE WORD is, DON'T

It will void your warranty and you risk your camera.

ok.
sorry abt my comments.
others hv spoken out...

but this brings to mind this question....
say for d90, there r also 3rd party grip.
does using a 3rd party grip on a d90 also void it's warranty?

ok.
sorry abt my comments.
others hv spoken out...

but this brings to mind this question....
say for d90, there r also 3rd party grip.
does using a 3rd party grip on a d90 also void it's warranty?

:dunno: what kind of qn is this???

Hi everyone quick questions....

i was planning to get a 3rd party battery grip for my nikon D5000.
Last weekend i was in Alan photo studio in funan mall... and when i asked the guy if they sell any bettery frip for d5k... the guy said no and better dont buy it. coz its 3rd party and makes the camera slow because it uses remote and so on... i didnt understand exactly...
but basically he was saying its bad and dont buy it

so now i dont know what to do.

anyone using 3rd party battery grip on d5k? any feedback? or any other people who know anything about this please advise.

Thanks.
I don't have a scientific answer for this, it is a known "item" in the electronic industry that many manufacturers will tell you that you void your guarantee if you use 3rd party batteries (and grip in the photo industry).

I really don't know why they do that, but for me I decided not to test the spirits, so I just bought an original grip and be done with it (simply: cost of camera does not justify savings on the grip). Not sure if your grip also comes with the AA battery compartment, if it does, then just keep a set of AA batteries and you have the spare set should the need arise (so no need to buy an expensive extra set of batteries which you may never use).

-- Marios

u mean 3rd party grip like phottix...?? im using phottix battery grip on my D60... for me its just an extra accesories which i can take out when i don't need it... will it really void e warranty...??

D5K is not design to have battery grip, since it does not have a original, so nobody can say the third party grip is better or worst the original, what third party do is making a compromise, you are risking yourself void the camera warranty.....

anyway, advice already given, camera is yours, so it is entirely your choice.

"3rd party and makes the camera slow because it uses remote"
it's grip's shutter use remote to work, so, main shutter still d same...

D5K is not design to have battery grip, since it does not have a original, so nobody can say the third party grip is better or worst the original, what third party do is making a compromise, you are risking yourself void the camera warranty.....

hmmm.
i was just wondering .

since there is no original battery grip for D5000 / D60 / D40 etc
why did NIKON made the battery door removable?

possible answer is that people will spoil the battery door . :bsmilie:
:think:
or think of it another way...
the battery door was easier to assemble as compared to it being fixed onto body. :think:

otherwise, i don't really know why they make them removable if not for the battery grip.

:dunno:

How does the third party batt grip affect the camera warranty?

hmmm.
i was just wondering .

since there is no original battery grip for D5000 / D60 / D40 etc
why did NIKON made the battery door removable?

possible answer is that people will spoil the battery door . :bsmilie:
:think:
or think of it another way...
the battery door was easier to assemble as compared to it being fixed onto body. :think:

otherwise, i don't really know why they make them removable if not for the battery grip.

:dunno:
if it removable, less parts needed, replaceable easily.

:dunno: what kind of qn is this???

sorry.
cos some1 mention that using a 3rd party grip will void it's warranty.
my friend is using a 3rd party grip for his cam(d80), so i was wondering if his warranty is affected in any way because of this.
if yes, i'll tell him to get a nikon grip.

cos d80/d90 has it's own grip from nikon, but d5K do not...so i'm a bit lost now...

Got people will send cam in for servicing with 3rd party grip attached meh?

to be frank...as long as when u send in for servicing that time..remove the grip...and fix back the battery door...if they ask why batt door is lose..u just say..i take out for cleaning lor...

unless u go and tell NSC that I think maybe hor my 3rd party grip spoilt the cam.....or else....who will knows u used a 3rd party batt grip before??..if the cam is sooooo good in recording wat 3rd party equipment u have used on ur cam...than I have to salute to Nikon...they are GOOD.....

if honesty is the game......than better stick to original equipment...and D5k is NOT SUPPOSE to come with a battery grip bcos Nikon did NOT design one for D5k..than better DUN get a battery grip....cos its NOT suppose to have.

LiuLangmao good point... after all i was TS after reading what all the people wrote... i decided i will get phottix battery grip. its in mass sales for 90 SGD. without built in battery just what i want... using 2 original nikon batteries... woohoo

How does the third party batt grip affect the camera warranty?

You're using a product to increase the battery capacity without using Nikon circuitry. Which may lead to short-circuiting or overloading the camera's mainboard. All in all, you're fiddling with the battery supply. Get it?

LiuLangmao good point... after all i was TS after reading what all the people wrote... i decided i will get phottix battery grip. its in mass sales for 90 SGD. without built in battery just what i want... using 2 original nikon batteries... woohoo

Go ahead... it's up to you. But we'll just warn you that it's your camera that you're risking.

don't worries...................just use it lar, and hope nothing will spoil lor..

if your camera spoil liao because of using third party thingy, Nikon Service Center will still repair the camera for you one..... the people there very nice one, won't throw your camera out of the window, anyway, their window can not open one also.

so all you need is just pay money lor, they don't care whether your camera got warranty or not....

....cos they already written clearly in the warranty card, you don't want to read, or you don't want to listen, than that is your own fault liao mah... right? pretend don't know is no use one lar...... up to you lor......