3rd party battery for K10D

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepz

Mar 28, 2006
Hi guys,

Im going overseas for a holiday soon and am bringing my ol' K10 along. I know that battery life in cold weather will be much shortened, so I'm looking for a value for money backup battery.

Anyone here have good recommendations on 3rd party batteries sold in Sg shops?

Its not going to be used that often and I might upgrade my cam to the new K7 within the next year or so, so don't wish to spend too much money on it.

Much appreciated.

See Fengweis post in BnS 30$ for original battery.

pentax batteries not so ex, compared to other brands

just buy original la

I would really just get the original battery...

You can find some third party batteries at Alan Photo, Orient Photo, or EastGear, for around or over $30SGD each. But the original Pentax D-LI50 batteries are known to last quite a bit longer than those third party ones, and they have longer life-time too. Many third party ones can only use for about a year or even shorter time and then become unusable.

hey, thanks for all the super quick responses.

knew that asking in the forum would be more beneficial than gong gong go to shop lucky draw some 3rd party battery and hope for the best.

have been considering the comments that you people have given me and i think i might go for the original since it is going cheap now. Plus no one has any great recommendation on any particular 3rd party brand too.

thanks lots guys!

My advice for you is buy orginal battery from fengwei who still sell some best cheaper reasonsable price ones. I bought one from him and now I have total 3 batteries with my satisfistion.

Last edited:
Here most if not all use hte original battery. I have one in the cam, one in the grip and a spare I carry for standby . . .:D

3rd party 3000mah rated in my friends battery cant do a long exposure of 10 to 30sec :( it shuts down

3rd party 3000mah rated in my friends battery cant do a long exposure of 10 to 30sec :( it shuts down

ya, i know its a hit and miss with 3rd party batteries. its probably why 3rd party hp batteries never really sell well too.

Get the CD-NP400 from East Gear. Rated at 1800mAh. After 2 years it is still going strong. In fact compared to the original, it has a longer operating life. When tested some time back with my K10D, the original has only about 2/3 the capacity of this battery. And this is the one I use more often, as I set the camera to use the grip batttery 1st.

i would really pay for a AA battery grip. I have only one original with the rest being the ITTOU brand which i got from OP for around $30 each which gives 3800mah. Havent measured just how long it lasts scientifically but it lasts through a couple of shoots. Already half a year of constant usage.

Last edited:
Get the CD-NP400 from East Gear. Rated at 1800mAh. After 2 years it is still going strong. In fact compared to the original, it has a longer operating life. When tested some time back with my K10D, the original has only about 2/3 the capacity of this battery. And this is the one I use more often, as I set the camera to use the grip batttery 1st.

CD-NP400 can fit into K20D???:bigeyes:

Thank those Pentaxians for info about NP-400.

Status
Not open for further replies.