3rd party batteries.

S2Glow

Nov 23, 2011
Hello fellow clubsnappers!

i did a search and browse and could not find similar thread :(

what 3rd party battery is good? i only know phottix and hercules now and i am planning to buy but idk , 3rd party seems cheesy so i come and ask here! ( FOR 600D )

please give your 2c!

what 3rd party battery is good? i only know phottix and hercules now and i am planning to buy but idk , 3rd party seems cheesy so i come and ask here! ( FOR 600D )

please give your 2c!

If it's cheesy, buy original!

Seriously I've bought 3rd party battries before, the calibration goes haywire after 2 months :bsmilie:

Buy original. I have Hercules' LP-E6. I am not impressed.

I was given a phottix battery free when I bought my camera and have since use it once only and it didn't give me any problem. That said, I've paid so much for my 60D and 17-55 that I'd rather get an original should I need one for a piece of mind.

so far using phottix , hercules and other third party batteries - it seem all the same . well for the price still ok compared to $100 plus

eh, it become paperweight liao? what happened?

A significantly shorter battery life of an original LP-E6 and a lag when I am bringing the camera out of stand by. For some odd reason, the battery will display as empty just after coming out and go to its actual capacity after a second or two.

well most third party batteries the life capacity is about 50 % or so then the original battery . if have budget go for the original

A significantly shorter battery life of an original LP-E6 and a lag when I am bringing the camera out of stand by. For some odd reason, the battery will display as empty just after coming out and go to its actual capacity after a second or two.

I have the same problem. When switch on, always show it's near dying, then shows the "correct" value. But it's not "correct" either. Once I bought a 50% battery out, shoot 10mins, and it totally die off :bsmilie:

From there.. I never bought 3rd party battries :(

that true - once bought a chromage 3rd party battery , it was 100 percentage at first , less than 10 mins or so , it went flat also .

well most third party batteries the life capacity is about 50 % or so then the original battery . if have budget go for the original

Of course, that's misrepresentation as the most third party batteries claim an equal or higher value than the original.

For a moment, I thought you were going to say "buy it at sgcamerastore" like you usually do...

well for now third party batteries is usually kept as spare . Original batteries last quite long except for the price

well for now third party batteries is usually kept as spare . Original batteries last quite long except for the price

I'd rather pay and have peace of mind than have my batteries die on my when I least expect it. This applies to any hobbyist or professional.

I don't own a canon but my 3rd party batt (branded as Zeus!) on my EP3 goes like this:

snap snap x 70.
Dies without warning.
Charge.
Snap snap x 70.
Dies without warning.
etc etc.

Buy original.

please give your 2c!
Your search engine broke, please send it for servicing.

this is how the search engine suppose to work.

[h=3]About OEM 3rd party battery for CANON[/h]
[h=3]Third Party Battery[/h]
[h=3]Where to buy good/trustworthy 3rd party battery in Singapore?[/h]
[h=3]Anyone experienced buying 3rd party batteries from ebay?[/h]
[h=3]Canon 3rd party battery[/h]
Original or 3rd Party battery for DSLR

[h=3]Canon original battery vs third party battery[/h]
hope this help.

thanks catchlights .. but there is 50% saying 3rd party is good , 50% saying original is good :/ , i am confused. where to get the cheapest original canon battery? hmm!

- did a search on --- > cheapest original canon battery , nothing come out T_T!! !

edit again -- > wth :( ! original battery cost 80 dollar from july 2011. T_T !

Last edited:
Glow, Catchlights already gave you the links.. so go for it. As always may it be lenses, cameras or down to batteries.. before you buy anything, do your homework (read, scout, decide then buy) even if its 50/50.. in the end of the day it will still be you who decide.

If you were to ask me, I have original and 3rd party batteries, both of them never let me down, both of them works as they are intended to. I never had any issues.